Confusing feelings

Old 11-24-2012, 07:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Confusing feelings

This may or may not make any sense , just warning you ! If you didn't know from earlier post my mom is a recovering drug addict. She was addicted to pain medicine for a short amount of time , but it was still very hard on me and our family. My mom is one year sober now , but I am still working on all the emotions caused by it. Anyway , back to my post. Lately I have been having kinda crazy emotions. Sometimes all the feelings from last year will just hit me. Normally it doesn't bother me ( last year ) , but it makes it hard to move on when I get hit with the feelings all over again. It wouldn't be too bad , but it just hits me all at once. It floods over me and I just can't help but feel so overwhelmed. It probably sounds silly , but I hate the feeling of it. I don't know if anyone else has any clue what I am talking about. Any feedback you can give would be appreciated.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh Piglet. I'm sorry - it sounds awful. Like you are having an anxiety attack or something. Do you know what triggers it?
Old 11-24-2012, 07:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((((((((Piglet))))) Have you tried using a journal yet it may help you deal with the feelings better maybe you haven't worked through them yet itis a process and yes in the past I have felt that way.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This is kinda of confusing , but I really need some feedback. I am doing a huge project for school about addiction. It is a huge research project with a partner and in a week we are giving our proposal. We have to put in a personal reason for doing the project. Obviously this topic is VERY personal to me. We made a plan so I wouldn't have to give my life story to a bunch of strangers ,and make it easier on me. We are interviewing people about it , including my grandma so I don't have to directly give my story but secretly for me I will know it has been said ( it will make me feel better , just for myself). However I do have to say a small part. I am typing our lines out right now and it is already making my anxious and flooding me with emotions. I can already feel my heart racing and I have only typed it. I can say it in my mind and not cry or get too emotional but I know the second I start to say it aloud ( it's only a few lines ) I will want to curl up into a ball lol. I can't just not do it because it is a huge project. I didn't know when I started it would effect me this much , I though I was over it honestly. I have only typed it and I feel so silly for getting upset about it but like I said it just hits me , it's real , and every emotion from last year I can feel swimming around. I hope this makes at least a little sense to someone. Really right now I am just rambling because I don't know what to say or how I feel. I will probably feel really silly later for freaking out this much. Any response would be appreciated !
Piglet
Old 11-25-2012, 02:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Piglet, I don't know how you feel about a higher power but I think yours may have had you do that project for a reason Take a step back when you feel that way I know you can't at school but you will be OK this may just be what you need to start your healing process.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

You also can make your share a bit more generalized and short.

"I wanted to do this project because someone in my family suffered with
addiction but has found recovery."

No names, but because it is family somewhere it is logically you would be
interest in the subject.

Short and sweet!

Love and hugs,

ps: I think you are doing AWESOME handling those flashbacks when they come!!!
Even though you don't think so.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Crazybabie: I think you are right. Maybe doing this will make me feel better . Thank you for the feedback.

Laurie: Thank you . We did try to make it simple , but I think it is the fact that I know what it is about that makes me upset. Well not upset , but you know what I mean.

I did kind of overreact before , but in the moment I get overwhelmed. Thanks for replying . Sometimes I need someone to show me it isn't as big a deal as I tell myself it is.