Mental Relapse?

Old 11-24-2012, 11:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Linkin Park Enthusiast

Mental Relapse?

The ABF has been doing alright since getting out of rehab. Until Wednesday, when I said he was on his own for a meeting on Wednesday and Thursday night because I had stuff to do. Come to find out, he has been spending time with all of his alcoholic drug addict friends (you know, the PEOPLE part of the people, places and things he is supposed to change.)

Since then, he has been totally different. He is not drinking, and he did go to a meeting last night, but he has been very withdrawn and moody since going over there. Also, he is trying to get ME to go over there, which I am totally against, because these people have broken big laws when it comes to me (assault, grand theft auto, breaking and entering, larceny, etc. and yes, I do have police reports filed).

Anyway, if he wants to drink, that's his problem, I don't care. But he need not lie about it, because it's not like I am going to freak out or anything. But anyway, is it possible to have a relapse without actually drinking? Because at this point, it is only a matter of time.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think hanging around other addicts will only cause the inevitable to happen... just my opinion of course.

My axbf also had a lot of friends who drank heavily and needless to say, I loathed it/them. If he is withdrawn and moody I have to wonder why. Either he is drinking or is thinking about it anyway... sorry
Old 11-24-2012, 02:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It sounds to me like he's on his way to relapsing. In my experience they know this and will hide it for as long as possible because deep down they know what they are doing/getting ready to do. At any rate, congrats on not trying to change it or control it.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

BUD... building up to drink.

Sounds like a great time to exit stage left until you see authentic recovery.... and authentic recovery is not abstinence or warming a seat at a meeting on occasion.

Change is not words and nothing changes if nothing changes.