Notices

opiate addict

Old 11-23-2012, 11:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

opiate addict

I am 29 years old I have been using for 6 years. I have recently been taking less and less..but when I don't have pills it seems like I can't function with every day life. I start sweating the burning in my chest is unbearable at times..but if it really wasn't for the withdrawals I think I could kick this..I have gone two weeks but the sweating is still there..my mind seems like mush...anxiety comes back. I hope I can do it this time. I have tried before but everytime my husband can get some I do it. He is no help
No support at all. We r on the verge of seperating. Can't say I am sad. I get no support. He rather have me on hydros that way I am happy not asking questions about two major financial issues going on. Ick..feel like ****. Want a new me. Want to have never been prescribed narcotics ..hate me right now
Old 11-24-2012, 12:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Hello Civic,

Firstly welcome to the forums. There's a lot of helpful information, advice and support lurking around these pages. I am not a medical professional but I strongly advise seeing one in regards to your withdrawal symptoms. Going through an opiate withdrawal without medical supervision, or any detoxification drugs is not a good idea. Recovery is possible. You have to be prepared to work for it but it is possible.

There's going to be a lot of drug and alcohol services in New York that you can go to. I don't know if you have done any research on Narcotics Anonymous but I have found recovery in those rooms and New York is full of meetings. I wish you the best of luck.

Natom.