Notices

New user

Old 11-23-2012, 07:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New user

I no this site is for people who achieved sobriety but I do not no where else to turn. I'm a 24 year old female and trying to ween myself off of alcohol. I was hospitalized twice this week for these horrible withdrawal symptoms. I no it will only get better with time but I'm weak and feel tgat I have no support or understanding from family and friends. If there are any suggestions for methods other then Meds would really love your input. I read some of your stories and are inspired that even after years of drinking you beat it! I hope and prey I can do the same.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

All the support in the world her outside yourself
Old 11-23-2012, 07:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome autumlee -

I was drinking when I made my first post, too (it was the only way I could get up the nerve at the time). I wanted to get sober but needed support to finally get there.

You're more than welcome here, so make yourself at home!
Old 11-23-2012, 07:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi autumnlee

This place is for anyone who wants to quit drinking - you're very very welcome here

There's a ton of support here, and if you are interested in face to face support like AA or other recovery groups like SMART or Rational Recovery etc. you'll find a lot of information about them too

Welcome!
D

Originally Posted by autumlee1988 View Post
I no this site is for people who achieved sobriety but I do not no where else to turn. I'm a 24 year old female and trying to ween myself off of alcohol. I was hospitalized twice this week for these horrible withdrawal symptoms. I no it will only get better with time but I'm weak and feel tgat I have no support or understanding from family and friends. If there are any suggestions for methods other then Meds would really love your input. I read some of your stories and are inspired that even after years of drinking you beat it! I hope and prey I can do the same.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Autumn-

Sober Recovery and AA were my biggest tools of recovery early on. After 2 years of sobriety my tool of recovery are...

Sober Recovery and AA

Welcome,
Zube
Old 11-23-2012, 09:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome to SR Glad you found us and that you want to get sober. Keep coming here reading and posting.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi fellow Floridian! This site and AA are keeping me sober. Read and post here often. You will get lots of good advice. I just had my one yr anniversary and could not have done it without this site.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Welcome to SR! This is a great place to start for advice about recovery.

There are quite a few different methods for this struggle of yours. I share the same issues. I choose AA. I like the structure it provides and the instruction and wisdom given by others.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR x