Notices

Really Upset & Don't Know What To Do

Old 11-22-2012, 02:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Really Upset & Don't Know What To Do

My wife divorced me several years ago and I quit deeded the house to her and paid her 20,000 $ over two years. She is living there. Now she is not making payments and because it is a co-sign my credit is going down the tubes. It is very frustrating. I met with her months ago to see if we could get me off this thing but she said no way. I know my drinking led to a lot ofr this but does it ever go away? Sorry just venting and frustrated.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Sorry friend..

The only thing I think you should do is get a lawyer involved..
Old 11-22-2012, 03:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Yeah...sounds like a very frustrating situation. Why is t she making payments and why won't she let you get off be lease? Doesn't seem right to me...
Old 11-22-2012, 03:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Yes, although my ex signed a quitclaim, I also had to refinance. Someone else may be able to answer this, or correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand the quitclaim removed him from the deed, but not the mortgage. The refinance removed him from that. I agree Mycool it is very frustrating. Unfortunately, I think inda's right, you probably need a lawyer to fix it, but omg who can afford that?
Old 11-22-2012, 03:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't know anything about this stuff but I agree some legal advice would good, Fitz.

D
Old 11-22-2012, 03:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks I will what I can do after the holiday weekend. I think a part of me believes I get what I paid for. F addiction.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't think this has anything to do with your addiction Fitz...unless you feel some guilt or misguided loyalty to your wife here?

Making amends for stuff we did then doesn't mean we have to harm ourselves or be doormats now, IMO.

D
Old 11-22-2012, 03:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I think I do Dee, loyaltiy means a lot to me but I'm on line with all my creditors trying to get ahead but the hell if I'll pay 5,000$ in back payments on a house I was kicked out of. but yes I still miss her I'd make a Great country song. But I shall not drink over it.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ah, Fitz, I'm sorry this makes you sad. Hopefully you can get some good legal advice.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I don't think this has anything to do with your addiction Fitz...unless you feel some guilt or misguided loyalty to your wife here?

Making amends for stuff we did then doesn't mean we have to harm ourselves or be doormats now, IMO.

D
Thanks for that comment Dee. Made me realize a few things about myself and "misguided loyal" tendencies I can already see forming to people I have harmed.

Needed to see someone put it that way.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Lawyers can actually be very helpful
Old 11-22-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I did what I could I up paid all my debts. I'll see about a lawyer Monday. Of course my ex already checked and said I had no legal recourse but I'll see. I'd rather be in foreclosure than give anything else. Funny thing is I never wanted the house I did it to make her happy. When I was a kid I had all these jobs and my sisters didn't. I asked my dad why and he said someday I would be the man of the family and I needed to be responsible. Of course he lost his job over drinking as I did. Life is a gas gas gas.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:22 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I can see why she would tell you that you have no legal recourse! I'd seek advice from 1) someone qualified ie a lawyer and 2) a bit more impartial than your ex!

You may feel guilty because of your drinking, and maybe you should. I know I do. But that doesn't mean she gets to ruin the rest of your life. You're doing what you can to make amends, don't let her trash your credit, too.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'll make it. One grandparent was a dirt farmer another a miner. My grandma once told me they never had nothing but were never on county. Thanks