Son has house guest; his ex wife

Old 11-21-2012, 01:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Location: Caucasian;West Coast; Husband sometimes breathes fire; hence his nickname Dragon & mine Mrs. Dragon
Son has house guest; his ex wife

My ex daughter in law is in town this week and is staying through the holiday. She came to have dinner with us (including my son) on Sunday. We have always had a good relationship with her, and still think highly of her.

She asked to stay with him for the week, and although he tried to persuade her that another place might be better; he ended up taking her home with him. All seems to be going well between them. What I hope is they will be able to really open up to each other; and my son will finally head towards closure on some issues from their past. The issue with drinking, drugs, and various women was not part of their life together & started afterward, so she has none of that to deal with. Of course Im a little worried this will trigger a host of emotions that he is not ready to deal with (she seems further along in this respect), but yet I also feel like this was brought to him at this point because it is Gods will. I have this feeling that I cannot shake; something is stirring within him that may lead to a better place. Of course it could all be wishful thinking.

I would also like to wish everyone here a peaceful Thanksgiving; and I pray God looks after all of you and your loved ones.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Is your former daughter in law aware that she is staying with a drug abuser (addict)?
Old 11-28-2012, 01:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Location: Caucasian;West Coast; Husband sometimes breathes fire; hence his nickname Dragon & mine Mrs. Dragon
Originally Posted by LoveMeNot View Post
Is your former daughter in law aware that she is staying with a drug abuser (addict)?
Yes, his ex wife knew he wasn’t working and she knew why. We didn’t tell her, but she had talked to our son before coming to visit. She also knew about past events. She expressed to me the desire to see if they could try again. Son doesn’t seem to want that however. Ive no real opinion except I know it would be a lot of hard work for both of them, and if both hearts aren’t in it, then it would be a mistake.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The holiday and time spent with our son, and his ex wife went smoothly. I think her being here was good for him; seems to have brought emotions to the surface. Some he shared with us. Im encouraged because he seems very rational, practical in his thinking as we talked. He also admitted to being bored, and wanting to go back to work. He has other opportunities, but he seems to want his’ job back. He also knows he has to show stability to make that happen; we will see where it leads.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hope it's going well for you and your family MsDragon! Happy thoughts your way
Old 12-03-2012, 12:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CanfixONLYme View Post
I hope it's going well for you and your family MsDragon! Happy thoughts your way
Thank you for the happy thoughts; need them always.
I have been thinking of you also, and I will be sending you a pmessage as soon as I get myself in order here.

Things are well at the moment. Husband and I went away for the weekend. Much needed and enjoyed.

Since son was bored, he asked his dad for some work to do. Husband gave him a bunch of stuff and asked him to work from our house. So he worked all last week, and husband said he did a good job on everything. There were no issues while he was there. We had a pleasant time actually, and I enjoyed the time I was able to spend with him.

He left on Friday to go visit with a friend who is in town. They had plans for the weekend. His friend is a few years older, had an admitted problem with drinking too much and using drugs. Stopped the drugs and got his drinking under control, so I think he is a good influence for our son.

He puzzles us with his behavior though; what is really going on with him. Husband is starting to think if he maintains then he will let him come back to work with possibly some provisions not yet defined.

So your good thoughts keep them coming, please.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

sending those good thoughts - ODAT Mrs. Dragon ~

pink hugs
Old 12-03-2012, 07:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

More good thoughts being sent your way Mrs Dragon. Your son is lucky to have your love and support.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thinking of you all MrsDragon!!!!!