Almost 6 months

Old 04-12-2004, 06:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Almost 6 months

My A will be 6 months sober soon and my question is should I congratulate him, get him a card or something? I never really did get the whole encouragement and understanding thing because I feel like when I do bring it up he doesn't say hardly anything and I feel like I am sticking my nose into his recovery, etc. I am happy for him and he has done well. It's still sort of a touchy subject though.
Summer

Old 04-12-2004, 07:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Survivor

Re: Almost 6 months

I am very happy for him but i am not sure what to think about showing your support. Normally I would think that a card or small gift would be nice but i dunno. Give it a try maybe?

Good luck and congratz,

~Def
Old 04-13-2004, 06:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Summer -
One of my friends takes her recovering H out on his anniversary each year. Dinner & a movie or whatever. I don't think that they make a big deal about the reason for the celebration but they have a celebration none the less. Maybe you could just suggest an "I'm Proud of You" day out. I'm sure he'd get the connection.
Peace - L
Old 04-13-2004, 07:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Touchy subject or not I have this picture in the future of giving my son a pat on the back and him saying "I'm suprsed you even noticed..." In other words you can't win...if you WANT to do something for him, do it. Who wouldn't be a little touched that someone cared...even if he can't say it nicely.

Hugs,
JT