Making light of horrible yet funny events...

Old 11-20-2012, 12:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Making light of horrible yet funny events...

I was telling my husband how my brother invited a man & his wife over to my mom's house one night years ago. He left the couple in the living room and headed back to my bedroom because he said he needed to change clothes. 30 minutes go by & he never returned. I go back to my bedroom & find my window wide open & my brother long gone. I was so clueless...I told the couple that he must have stepped outside. The man became very upset & started yelling. My mom panicked because she was so confused. We all go outside looking for him but didn't seem him for about a week.

Guess the drugs were more important than our safety...glad the guy didn't hurt us.

Tell me one of your crazy stories.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I remember him trying to play piano when he was high. goodness he sounded like he was 5 and he knew it and would get so angry! Haha I can laugh at it now almost. to see this grown man who can play so well barely able to tap out this little light of mine.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I have one about me......that will descibe the depth of my sickness.

I called my husband's dealer and threatened him. He told me "Don't threaten me, I know where you live.' I said "C'mon over mother f'er, the door is unlocked, we can sit down have a drink, then I am going to put a bullet between your eyes."

I repeated this story to my family, as if it was normal, lol, and they expressed real concern for my safety and my sanity. I was had no idea what they were worried about, haha

Best part is........I dont even own a gun!!

P.S. The dealer called my husband and told him "your wife is fckn nuts." Sad part was...he was right.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes. I have one about me too.

I was so sick that I let my ex repeated "borrow" my car and my debit card to run to the store to pick up diapers or formula... and while he was gone he would drain my account and he wouldn't come back for days. This is sad because I let this happen WAY MORE than one time. I look back now and I feel so sorry for that girl. Nothing funny about it at all though. In hindsite, there is nothing funny about codependency. Or addiction.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

Originally Posted by LoveMeNot View Post
I have one about me......that will descibe the depth of my sickness.

I called my husband's dealer and threatened him. He told me "Don't threaten me, I know where you live.' I said "C'mon over mother f'er, the door is unlocked, we can sit down have a drink, then I am going to put a bullet between your eyes."

I repeated this story to my family, as if it was normal, lol, and they expressed real concern for my safety and my sanity. I was had no idea what they were worried about, haha

Best part is........I dont even own a gun!!

P.S. The dealer called my husband and told him "your wife is fckn nuts." Sad part was...he was right.
I used to text my AH's drug dealers all the time.. I'm sure I was the laughing stock of the drug dealing hood lol.. crazy stuff

I was also a better sleuth then Nancy Drew.. I used to joke that I had the nose of a bloodhound and could sniff out drugs better then a K9 dog.. nothing to be proud of..

The craziest thing I've done though is hide my Toilet paper, deoderant and laundry detergent because it rapidy disapears in my house.. I mentioned this in front of my family once like it was a normal thing and they looked at me like I was nuts.. cause I was :0
Old 11-20-2012, 01:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I have so many...I don't know whether to laugh or cry!!

One time, my husband ran out for cigarettes and I just KNEW he was meeting someone. I drove down to the store and there they were. My husband was in his car with money in his hand and I happened to know this "friend" and was shocked he sold pills. He got back into in SUV pretty fast and I walked over to him and said "Hey, aren't you going to say HI? BTW, I have you on video putting them in my mailbox (my husband had already told me that part). Then I told him I sent the video to the DEA, post master general, his boss and was calling his wife. He literally had sweat beads running down his face. lol

I still "run" into him once in a while and this 6'5 - 250 man almost runs in the other direction when he sees me.

Oh and my husband wasn't buying pills of course, he just paying him back from the last time he got pills from him....which was a longggggg time ago.

It was so nice to have one of those conscientious, ethical addict husbands who needed to be such a good guy and pay this friend back.

Sad part, I almost believed my husband was telling the truth.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Another...brother asked for a ride & we picked up someone I thought was a friend. We stopped at a house & 30 minutes later my brother never returned. I go up to the door & was informed that my brother left in another car behind the house. My brother left me with this scary man, who now was super upset. I couldn't believe it. the man thought I was in on it & started yelling at me. I was terrified but he never hurt me.

That was the moment I realized how dangerous my brothers behavior had become.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ok this is kind of disturbing. Going up to drug dealers n threaten them? Don't you have any regards for your safety? These ppl can be dangerous!!!! And threatening to shoot them saying your door's unlocked????? What if they'd done that WOTH AN ACTUAL GUN????

no offense but your partners are not kids!!!! If i had a partner like this I'd run for the hills. You just can't go spying on ppl no matter what they are doing n threatening ppl.

Please get yourselves checked in for therapy as I'm extremely concerned about this behaviour. I'll be praying for you all. Crikey!!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 02:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

Originally Posted by eveleivibe View Post
Ok this is kind of disturbing. Going up to drug dealers n threaten them? Don't you have any regards for your safety? These ppl can be dangerous!!!! And threatening to shoot them saying your door's unlocked????? What if they'd done that WOTH AN ACTUAL GUN????

no offense but your partners are not kids!!!! If i had a partner like this I'd run for the hills. You just can't go spying on ppl no matter what they are doing n threatening ppl.

Please get yourselves checked in for therapy as I'm extremely concerned about this behaviour. I'll be praying for you all. Crikey!!!!
These are things we used to do, not things that we do now :-)!!! It is amazing what one will do when they are "sick" in their disease of codependency.. We truly are just as sick as the addict...
Old 11-20-2012, 02:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

yeah, it all seems very scary, and Im sure the poster know this. I have done some very scary stuff while loaded....mostly conerning my own safety. I guess while in the midst of addiction or alcoholism (especially drugs though) you really dont say or do things as you normally would.....at all. My brother was addicted to cocaine for awhile and he lost his mind....I did NOT recognize him at all and he was not the same person. He is now, after he stopped using. But he had some similar stories.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by eveleivibe View Post

Great advice!! Thank you! I go to therapy, alanon and a coda group. I am working on my recovery.

Now about you....What you doing about your addiction to codeine? Have you been reading about the effects addiction has on loved ones, especially children? I,too, will praying for you and your daughter.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jerect View Post
These are things we used to do, not things that we do now :-)!!! It is amazing what one will do when they are "sick" in their disease of codependency.. We truly are just as sick as the addict...
Thank God x
Old 11-20-2012, 08:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

At my craziest moments with both my addicts I told them...I give up. If you can't beat them join them. Both agreed to get me some heroin. I can't believe I actually believed either of them actually loved me. To drag me into their hell. What was worse though that both times I had been so sick that I even considered taking it...thank God I came to my senses and decided it would be easier to simply be without them.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:16 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I got a bunch of good stories but the internet is only so big
and I don't want to bring it down with the sheer volume of
ridiculous horsesh** I could relate.....
Old 11-21-2012, 12:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tarot View Post
At my craziest moments with both my addicts I told them...I give up. If you can't beat them join them. Both agreed to get me some heroin. I can't believe I actually believed either of them actually loved me. To drag me into their hell. What was worse though that both times I had been so sick that I even considered taking it...thank God I came to my senses and decided it would be easier to simply be without them.
I don't think it means they didn't love you. They were in active addiction - they weren't thinking how they'd probably think when wwll x
Old 11-21-2012, 06:03 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Our love for our addicts can make us do and think crazy things. We know that certain behaviors could have led us into dangerous situations, whether they be our behaviors or those of our addict. Addiction is horrible, and sometimes making light of the craziness is the only way to get through. To those who would judge us for what we have done, I have to say, "Thank you for your judgement on our behaviors. I am glad that you are so well grounded yourself that you would never make the crazy choices that we have made. Your judgement certainly helps our own recovery. But rather than judge us, take a good long look in the mirror at yourself."

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Even in the depth of dealing with an addicted loved one may we find moments of gratitude.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:47 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I would not do silly things for a 'man' for my child I'd risk my life but no way for For any bloke. I was not judging you i was showing concern. This type of behaviour is disbursing do your families know what you are doing n do you have children in your house when you are threatening these drug dealers??? SSHope no need to get nasty is there?

I can understand drug addicts they get physically addicted to the drug it becomes like survival. These addicts are grown ups they chose to touch this stuff n ONLY THEY CAN OVERCOME THEIR ADDICTIONS. They are NOT kids. I do not find this funny at all. It is very dangerousnn

I honestly never realised you went to these lengths. I simply thought you were victims. I think it's really bad you being around drug addicts as you are both ill n need to get well. Think it's time i read codependency more to try n understand you. I'm seriously concerned if you are still acting this way.

I am not judging you I'm being honest. it's not my fault if the truth hurts is it???

Would you expect your friends who care about you to lie or be honest even if it's not what you wish to hear? Do you think this tupe of behaviour is ok????

Evey
Old 11-21-2012, 06:53 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

If you perceived my post as nasty, then you perceived it incorrectly. I too, just as you say, was being honest about how I feel when others choose to judge all of us. What you perceived was obviously my frustration with addiction in general.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:03 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Since this is the friends and family forum I'll leave out all my really embarassing stories of being an addict even though now that I am clean I wish I had some on tape like when I jumped a fence into a horse farm and decided my 5 ft. self could ride a horse without a sadel at 4 am no problllleeemmm......(I have lots of pictures though)

Now on the other side of things I did when my boyfriend was using and I was clean and I thought I could save him I told all our drug dealers I was cooperating with the police and well noone ever answered again.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:07 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

BTW I think this thread is helpful because sometimes it is healthy to look back on some of the crazy things we did and laugh. Not everything has to be tears and regret. It's okay to look back and go "wow I really did that eh? thank god I am not in that place anymore"

Knowing where you came from is the only way to ensure you never go back there again.

Besides, we might as well admit we were crazy and laugh about it because life is short and if you can't laugh at yourself at times then you have nothing.

hugs

maylie