Notices

Day 4 and first test passed

Old 11-19-2012, 11:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4 and first test passed

Day 4 sober....fixed the car I crashed 4 days ago after my final binge....have apologized to all the people I needed to. Today I attended a work function and drank water....was very easy but then again my issue is more obsessive and compulsive behavior so more of the binge type...can't stop and continue to drink and drink etc etc...you know the story.

Also purchased 3 books on the subject including the ones that are mentioned in various blogs....under the influence and beyond the influence as well as another one....I now understand that it is not my fault that I am like this but more that it is gene related. The only thing I can control is abstinence. I have other issues with gambling and sex but it all stems from the fact that I drink first.

Even when I started gym I was obsessive and pushing things to the limit but I guess if I have to be obsessive over something It's probably the best thing to pick...

on the mend......
Old 11-19-2012, 11:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

well done tired ,, your doing great ,, day 4 was my hump day,, it was hard but i did it, now ytou can do it too,,, keeep reading and posting,, it helped me no end,, and ive made some lovly connections here with the sr folks,, keep it up,, well done,, lv cleo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 11-19-2012, 11:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
instant

I guess a lot of us have a tendency to over do things. I also read the Big Book (free online) despite it's age I think it still speaks to us. The personal stories at the back are very good as well.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thats excellent - im 24 hours sober & hoping to make it to 4 cheers Karen australia
Old 11-21-2012, 10:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Karen, Well at day 5 now and dodged the work parties.....big test is the weekend which would normally be either a few, quite a few or a blinder.....very hard though when you feel better....

Good luck with the journey
Old 11-21-2012, 11:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yep xmas time lots of parties etc..me am gunna concentrate on work & nil alcohol
Old 11-22-2012, 05:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Be careful abdicating personal responsibility.

The danger is if your AV may convince you, that seeing as alcohol abuse isn't your fault, no one can blame you if you drink.

Own this and accept that although you have no control over alcohol, you have 100% control over choosing to drink.

Also, the gene link is just one of sevredal risk factors.

Family history
Genes
Ethnic ancestry
Mental illnes
Male