Thanksgiving 2008 ~

Old 11-19-2012, 07:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Thanksgiving 2008 ~

It's Thanksgiving week ~ and a wonderful time of year for most . . .

For me it is a time to remember the hardest and yet the best Thanksgiving ever for me ~ It was the Thanksgiving I walked away from insanity, abuse, and decided I deserved better, safer and saner.

I spent Thanksgiving nite sleeping on a blow-up mattress in a cold 1 bedroom apartment ~ without any of my possessions.

I left my brand new home, furniture, and all my belongings to be able to rest my head in peace.

Since that night it has not been an easy walk, but it has been well worth it.

Now 4 years later ~ my life is not perfect but it is absolutely PINKFULL ~ FULL of hope, joy, laughter, peace, serenity, sanity, and RECOVERY for ME! And actually my HP replaced that house I walked away from with bigger and better ~ far beyond what I could ever imagine ~

I can't tell anyone what is the right path for you in your life ~ but I can tell you for me ~ once I walked away and left the insanity of living with active alcoholism & addiction - I realized how "not normal" my life was ~

I am always grateful for Thanksgiving ~ it will always be a reminder of how my HP delivered me from an unhealthy house to a Pinkful safe & serene empty apartment ~ what a beautiful blessing!

I pray that where ever you celebrate your holiday season - all of your moments are filled with love, joy, peace, hope, safety, serenity, laughter and recovery!

PINK HUGS!
Rita
Old 11-19-2012, 07:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Iceberg Ahead!

Inspiring for those who have left, those who have not yet left, and even those who were left. And that doesn't mean there's no turkey for some who choose to stay ... good turkey still cooking, cold turkey, or nasty rotting leftover turkey.

Thanks, Pink!
Old 11-19-2012, 07:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you and congrats to you - sounds like a wonderful PINK life!
Old 11-19-2012, 08:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Ms. Pink. I, too, have lousy memories of my marriage going south quickly November of 2010. I finally left for good January of 2011. The idea of spending the new year miserable was overwhelming.

While we were "working" on our marriage, he refused to spend the holidays with me last year. Both T-giving and X-mas. He spent them with his family of origin instead, even though our therapist told him it was not an appropriate action to take if one wanted to have a successful marriage. Was a bid red flag right there!

Now, its over, and I can create new holiday memories to tape over the last few years of really miserable holidays. I have plans and am excited about them, new friends to gather together with, activities to do that I am looking forward to...

I will never, ever allow anyone to treat me the way he did, or have the power to ruin my holidays. Lesson learned, and for that I am most thankful!
Old 11-19-2012, 08:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So very inspiring Pink!!!

Wishing you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday weekend!!!

Bring on the pumpkin pie........ And the cheesecake, and I cannot forget maybe just a little stuffing and gravy, and I guess I can have some turkey too!!
Old 11-19-2012, 08:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow, the one-bedroom apartment and blow-up mattress! That brings back memories. My Thanksgiving of 2007. That was the year that I left the insanity. I was just thinking this morning how I have never regretted that decision, not for one second. Life since then has not been easy, and at times has been very painful.

The thing that kept me there for so long was the fear that I would regret leaving..... that somewhere down the road I would want to go back, and I wouldn't be able to. I have definately felt alot of things since that day in November 2007 when I packed what I could into my car and drove away...... I have felt pain and anxiety, but I have felt so much peace, joy, and happiness, too! I have not ever felt one tiny twinge of regret!!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you Ms Pink for your post, you always word it just so beautifully and to the point.

I just want to wish everyone here a Wonderful Thanksgiving and hoping that you can find at least one thing to be thankful for this season.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you for taking the time to share your inspiration with the rest of us! Reading your posts always reminds me of one of DD's favorite books, Pinkalicious.

Wishing you all a happy & safe holiday! (And I 2nd the vote to BRING ON THE CHEESECAKE! )
Old 11-19-2012, 10:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Survivor

Thank you for sharing MsPink
Old 11-19-2012, 06:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Now, that is something to be thankful for!! Funny how when we make the right decisions for ourselves, the Universe holds us, helps us heal, and eventually guides us to our best life.

Have a pink holiday!
Old 11-19-2012, 06:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My first sober Thanksgiving was 2008 as well! Thanks for sharing...
Old 11-19-2012, 06:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for sharing that, Ms. Pink! Things are still extremely fresh and raw for me, and this is giving me so much hope that the universe has better things in store for me if I can just pull through this early, painful part and stay strong.

Inspiring
Old 11-19-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Your story reverberates for me - Left my AH on the Fourth of July this year, within a week I had also found an apartment, and was sleeping on my son's air mattress, with nothing but the clothes I packed, two new coffee mugs, two folding chairs, and a folding table and my sweet little dog.

Enough to start a new life, Yes?

So good to hear it is so much better for you now!

ShootingStar1
Old 11-19-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing and providing so hope! I know I will move past phase of my life just wish it didn't hurt so much! For some odd reason....today I miss my XABF more than usual but I know I cant live that life! Thank you for sharing something positive.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:23 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

It'll be two years for me come Christmas/New Year's.

He went into rehab on Christmas afternoon, and I had the resolve to leave shortly after New Year's when I was sure that (1) I loved my life without him there and hated it when he was, and (2) even though he was "sober," as in the rehab certified he had 0.000% BAC and had finally balanced out his vitamins too, he still had a lot of things wrong upstairs and if I stayed with him things would stay the same for me, just with the potential of the absence of alcohol.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving to you!!!

It's important to keep things in perspective. I was a bit upset about how Thanksgiving was shaping up for me (just me and two of the kids) but you reminded me of how wonderful it is to look forward to a holiday without alcohol. Without drama (well, other than the fighting about whether the pie should be apple or pumpkin!). Without that pit in the stomach.

Thank you for that reminder.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:05 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

from your CANADIAN friend...to an AMERICIAN

happy thanksgiving to you all
Old 11-21-2012, 05:41 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

It always amazes me when I share my e, s, & h that my HP uses it to help others on their journey ~

Most of you have heard my story, listened to my speaker CD or read my post so you know my path ~ I often think twice about posting things again ~ but then I remember if my HP has brought me thru it it my responsibility to share so that others can know THEY can also do it!

We can all be Happy, Joyous and PINKFully FREE - regardless of what surrounds on the outside ~

PINK HUGS my friends!