Notices

To be or not to be

Old 11-18-2012, 11:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is an unfolding miracle

To be or not to be

Hi fellow lovers of life

I am just writing a quick post to introduce myself as a member of this forum.
I am very happy to have found this site and have enjoyed reading just one thread so far.
I am recently back in recovery after a recent slip which by great good fortune did not last too long. Prior to that I was about 2 years into the program.
Originally I had been clean about 15 years but slipped after a relationship breakup and fell into a deep dark night that lasted about 3 years.

I have been through a comprehensive rehab program a few years back which was invaluable by virtue of the fact that it reintroduced me to the 12 step program.

I am in particular interested in hearing about how fellow recovering people deal with the stresses and demands of living by using whatever means they do, that allows them to remain clean, sober and happy. Be it the 12 steps or meditation, prayer or any other kind of healthy support system.
I myself find the 12 steps in conjunction with the healthy eating program detailed in the sugar addicts guide to total recovery book and regular meditation and prayer (to the higher power, call it what you will, I don't give it a name) is what works best for this recovering addict.

I am personally open to finding the best in every religious or non religious spiritual approach. I try to look with x ray vision to see and appreciate the underlying common principles in all spiritual approaches.

I also resonate very strongly with the Taosit understanding and expression along with an eastern spiritual path known as Advaita.

I hope to learn and grow as I explore this site and forum with you each

Peace

The Wanderling

In Oz
Old 11-19-2012, 05:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Hi Wanderling. That is the question, isn't it? I don't know much about this stuff yet, being new to meditation, but there are a couple of interesting nonduality threads in the Secular Connections forum.