Notices

I'm not quite sure what happened?

Old 11-18-2012, 11:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm not quite sure what happened?

Hey! New to this and am feeling kind of desperate so therefore I'm trying something new. I went to rehab on Sep 29/2010 after my life fell to pieces in my home town. I was a "sampler" as people liked to call it...I quickly became addicted to methamphetamine, cocaine, ghb and alcohol...these being my drugs of choice anyway. I went to jail numerous times and barely made it through college. I moved away from my home town and relocated to the city I went to rehab in. Everything was great when I got out of treatment, until I started isolating again. To be completely honest, I was living with a girl that completed at the same time as me, and then I started to hang out with a guy that went through with me. I started to isolate. Stopped going to meetings. Stopped reaching out. And then he relapsed. I went to the ER with him, got him his Valium to detox. Everything. I know how sick this sounds. Anyway again, 4 days before my 2 years, I drank with him. Since then he has stopped drinking because it turned his life to **** again. I'm very proud of him, but since then I haven't been able to string together 2 weeks. I thought I was strong enough to support him and be with him and have fun with him...But instead it ruined me. Again. I'm so lost. Please before you tell me to break up with him and go to meetings, consider the fact that he's sober now and everything I did was MY choice...I don't believe in trading one addiction for another which is what I consider going to meetings every day...maybe I'm completely deluded and soooo very confused and sick right now? Anyway just looking for some REAL advice because right now it seems to be me against this addiction, and that just isn't healthy. Sorry it's so long! And thanks in advance
Old 11-18-2012, 11:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((milly)) - Welcome to SR! I hope you read around here, as I think you'll find several other people going through similar situations.

It may be a little slow, as some of us are up past our bedtimes (me!) but stick around. SR has been a huge part of my recovery and people here "get us" and addiction.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-19-2012, 12:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Molly...I assume you are talking about NA/AA meetings? I'm a sober member of AA....And my solution is not going to meetings every day....My solution is the 12 steps. Meeting makers make meetings...Step takers find contented sobriety...It's a design for living without alcohol....If you haven't done them...I'd recommend it.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
instant

Is there a pathway back to peace that you can see? Is that where you want to head at the moment?
Old 11-19-2012, 12:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The doors of Aa are always open! Rember Aa doesn't need me I need Aa. Sobriety is number 1 In my life today, I stand to lose everything if I give it up. I have had periods of so-driety before I came to Aa sobriety without recovery sucks I would wish it on anyone. It really works but its a program of action get a sponser that u can relate with and go through the steps. Be honest. I have a little time and I still go to 2 meetings a week. I didn't swap addictions I simply found a new way of life that's pretty rewarding as long as I practice the principals of the program in my daily life. My old way if life didn't work when I was finally sick enough to do something about it I gave up and surrendered. If your not done drinking that's ok the doors still open in Aa. Just Rember when the pain gets bad enough there is a way out. This is grim but true a lot of people died to help me stay sober my first sponser relapsed and died when I was 5 years sober. I live with that reminder on a daily basis. Surrender to win!
Old 11-19-2012, 04:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Milly
Old 11-19-2012, 05:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome Milly! Nothing helped me until I stopped drinking. If AA is your thing then work it with furvor. Do the steps. I used AVRT to recover.