17 year old doing pot

Old 11-18-2012, 04:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

17 year old doing pot

Trying to get her to understand this is not something I approve and want her to stop. Taking away privileges to get my point across. Even after being picked up by the police the other day she does not get it. Any advice out there? Thanks.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Babslove......I don't know if it will help, but you can share my brother's story if she will listen. My brother started smoking pot at 17. He is now 37, almost 38. He went from pot to cocaine to prescription painkillers to bath salts. The last one landed him in the behavioral health unit twice within 3 weeks. He has lost numerous jobs over the years and is now possibly going to lose his son. He can't afford his home and will probably lose that to foreclosure. To everyone who thinks that pot isn't any big deal, tell that to my family that is now suffering the consequences of the choice he made at 17. I wish you all the best. May God intervene before she goes too far down this road.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What happened when she got arrested? Did you bail her out or pay any fines? It's important that she faces the consequences of her actions.

I would suggest a counselor. You could start by meeting the counselor yourself to get some advice on how to Hensley the situation.

There is good information at the top of this page (the "stickies").
Old 11-20-2012, 12:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I wish I knew what to say. My son started with pot, and now he's addicted to heroin. You daughter must understand where this path will lead her, but until she does, you need to do what you can to keep her away from her using friends as much as possible, and get her into counseling. Take care, and I wish you and your daughter all the best...