Notices

The more I shared the less Unique I became.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

The more I shared the less Unique I became.

What a great journey this has been. I spent so many years drinking away everything. This is a slow process but the last 2 years have just been really cool to look back on.

I have found to love many things about the AA program and in this journey to a sober life. This also includes the wonderful site of SR in this sharing and caring process.

So of the the greatest things about AA and SR is the sharing. Sharing is such a wonderful thing because in doing so the more you share and put out their of your story, the more you get and have in return. In my drinking career I really didnt do much sharing, I thought I did. Ohhh I really thought I did. But in all reality I was only sharing misery, and putting on the front that I was just for the most part great and my life is awesome. Sharing that greatness with a shot and beer in hand at all times. My whole world was revolved around the bar and the bottle. As I have come to learn , I lied about it all due to I became ashamed of what I had become and was so selfish and self serving that I just lived in the fog. But when I first entered into to AA and came here the first thing I found was sharing. I heard everyone talking openly and frankly about their experiences with hospitals, jails, and all the same messes I traveled thru. How we all can relate to the heavy sadness, sorrow, and fear that when "coming to" would race threw our bodies each day. And weigh on our mind and shoulders like a ton of bricks. And now threw AA I get to share it with people that are not drunk at the bar with me, but sober and truly with me. We want to be together to share and grow.

And with way I am being shown and taught to a new spiritual freedom. I can have a contact with my Higher Power. And with that promises I thought to be impossible anymore can become a viable source in my life. I will become totally free to laugh all of my laughter, free to trust and most importantly be trusted to my word by other people,free to give and receive help. I will be able to live freely from shame and regret ,free to learn and grow and work in and out of AA.

I will leave that lonely,painful,frightening train ride thew my life that became hell. And finally I will be able to accept the gift of a safer,happier journey threw this life. Please join me, look forward to seeing you all on your own road to serenity. And to you all that found it, thank you for helping me and others get there.

Enjoy today that is what we have.!!!!

Keep living the dream and stay on the beam.

Good love, Inda
Old 11-17-2012, 06:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nice post!!

2 years? Congratulations! Thanx for sharing... Yea, we are not so different from one another.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

"How we all can relate to the heavy sadness, sorrow, and fear that when "coming to" would race threw our bodies each day. And weigh on our mind and shoulders like a ton of bricks."

This is the part that is so hard for me in the early stages. The older I get, it just seems easier to throw in the towel, because so much is lost already.

Thanks for sharing Inda.

Day 7 here and hanging in. Hope you guys don't get tired of my presence - I need to be here.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The more people I am honest and open with the more my insides match my outsides, the more I don't have to pretend to be anyone or anything I am not. I get to see what Einstein suggested, "That the greatest illusion of mankind is that more than one of us is here." We are all the same.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Ahhh what a nice morning . Went with my sponosor to a new meeting for me. A good discussion. Now I am home to make a couple orders of pierogi and then off to saturday nites meeting.

I still get those crazy impulses to run off to the bar, but today I have the honesty to look that drink through till the end.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Beautiful! It is lovely to hear you sound so happy with your journey. Thanks for the post.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I love pierogi... my father in law's family are all Ukrainian, I love going to their homes for holidays... especially Easter, LOL... Holubtsi is good too!
Old 11-17-2012, 05:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I think I menioned this before but like a 16 year old kid where I was running a retreat says the things we most are afraid to share are what we most have in common. I learned so much.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Great post Inda, I wish I could write my thoughts down so well.
Keep living the dream, indeed.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
instant

Great sentiments Inda

There is so much to be thankful for
Old 11-17-2012, 06:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm a garden variety alcoholic.

I wanted to be so great. I feared I was so worthless.

Great post Inda !!

All the best.

Bob R
Old 11-18-2012, 06:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sharing in an of itself is healing as you found. But please remember this when people share experiences different from yours or have feelings you do not think they should have. I think all honest sharing should be encouraged.