AS Update

Old 11-16-2012, 07:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile AS Update

I'm sorry that I haven't posted since son's release from hospital 11 days ago. Last week was filled with doctor appointments and missing 3 days of work to get him there. I know the folks there don't understand why someone, who has a "child" as old as mine, should have to "take" him to the doctor.

I just don't quite want to say, " Well, you see. It's like this. He is an addict and has been for years. He doesn't have transportation because they've all been wrecked or sold, and he's better off without it. He doesn't have license because of so many tickets and unpaid fines. And he has been in the hospital so many times with infections. blah, blah, blah"

Anyway, other than the fact that he now has an abscessed tooth and we're finding a dental clinic tomorrow, and has a pain management appt. next Tuesday, I guess he is okay. Heart surgery will not be done at this time. He will have to have it, but for now, he and doc have agreed best to wait until desperate due to his propensity for staph infection.

The good news...I'm off all next week!!!!! Will go visit my mom one day. Hubby and I will probably make a day trip to the beach. We love it in the fall. Spent last Saturday enjoying the fall leaves and taking photographs.

I pray all of you, especially the mom, have a peaceful Thanksgiving. We do have so many things to be thankful for and I will try to focus only on those things this week.

Prayers and blessings for all of you.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Prayers and blessings for good health and peace for you and yours. You're incredible and an inspiration.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and do enjoy those days off.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((washbe2)) - Thanks for the update. I'm glad you have next week off and plans for some fun stuff. You and your prayers remain in my prayers

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-17-2012, 02:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm glad he is taking better care of himself, Washbe, and it sounds like you are too.

Enjoy your vacation and have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Indeed we do have so many things to be thankful for!

Keeping you and your boy in my prayers.

Hugs and Hugs
Old 11-17-2012, 05:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Thank you for the update Washbe. I am happy to hear you will have some time for you and my MrWashbe too. Take time to smell the ocean and look at all the wonders of God's creations. I hope it brings you the awestruck feeling and peace that it always brings me.

I had been wondering where you have been and a little upset that haven't been invited to another cookout at the hangar. I have wilted away to nothing as I sit here hungry. Please don't feel guilty though!

Have a wonder Thanksgiving!! I care too!
Old 11-17-2012, 05:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hugs xxx