Notices

Day 1

Old 11-16-2012, 08:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1

Wednesday I went to the grocery store... bad idea. I bought wine and drank the whole bottle in a couple of minutes. I know my husband could tell I had drank again, but I never said anything and just tried to act "normal." Woke up Thursday morning with a mild headache, took some meds and went back to bed. Then, yesterday evening, I did it again. This time I had TWO bottles of wine and four beers. I dont remember much of last night, and this time my husband DID know. I was all over the house last night. Pillows in the play room, pillows in my bedroom floor, pillows in the livingroom. I dont remember a single second of any of it! When I woke my husband up for work this morning he said, "So, are you going to start drinking again??" I felt terrible. I've once again let myself down and my husband down. I feel a little "off" today... unbalanced because of the alcohol. Looking back, its just so scary how I was so quick to buy alcohol. It was like I didnt care (or think about) how long I had been sober, and what I had been working towards.
So, here I am, at day one again.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey, day one is better than day three of drinking!

Do you have a plan for your recovery?
Old 11-16-2012, 09:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

keep trying Jen,It will work eventually for you.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Jen, I'm thinking about your last time when you got sick and now pillows everywhere(LOL - only funny cause I get it). I've been posting about some stuff I did in the past on some threads and when I get a craving, I've been going back to look at those (you can click on your profile and shoot directly to all your posts - I'm sure you know that...) and realizing that these things were real, I have told other people, and they can happen again. Especially one about my wrist under the "You might be an alcoholic if..." thread. And the thing of it is - these are just the tip of the iceberg. I'm just letting a wee bit of light in. But it helps - to see the posts - for me to accept that it is real and it is not normal.

Hang in there with us.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sorry you are back at day one again, but like Elisabeth said better than day 3 of drinking. I am sure you are feeling bad tonight, but you can't change the past two days. However, you have control over today, tomorrow....

Welcome back.