Notices

Day 2 again, arguements with partner..

Old 11-15-2012, 03:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2 again, arguements with partner..

Day 2, im trying to cope, I am strong if i want to - I keep telling me.. Having constant argument with my partner, we are having a tough time.. I just want wine..
Old 11-15-2012, 05:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Are you arguing about your drinking? If so, just tell him you are doing the best you can.

If it is other stuff, try to do the best you can to just not participate. I know what you are going through, and I hate it. All you can do is stay sober.

I reached out to people here and to AA.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day two is hard! I am on day 2 again myself. And if you are on en emotional rollercoaster that many are on day day, of course that doesnt help with partner issues. I would suggest that you suggest to your partner that you guys both try and relaz and maybe stay sway from tough subjects until you feel better...that helped with me last relationship. Good luck! I know this can be day 3 for both of us!
Old 11-15-2012, 05:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

*sorry for the above typos.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

In hindsight, I realize that all the arguments with my wife during sobering up, were ones that I let myself get engaged in and that if I had been clear headed, would have not done so. Often the intent of trying to talk things out got derailed and ended up being arguments. It doesn't matter who starts it, realize that during withdrawal we are all hypersensitive emotionally and need to get some distance from things/issues that trigger us. Not easy but needs to be done.

Wine will not help. You know that.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm on day 2 again. I'm not sure I remember the last day 2 being so bad. I feel like I have the flu. Anyway, it's making me sulky and making me pick fights with my boyfriend about all things; old, new, real, imagined. Bring 'em on! I couldn't wait until he left for work so I could stop torturing the poor man. He was trying to be caring, but I just kept finding ways to pick fights and sulk.

Day 2, begone!!!! Does anyone remember if day 3 is worse? I know most agree that day 4 is like the sunshine through the clouds after the first 4 days.

Stay strong, everyone. xo
Old 11-15-2012, 08:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i feel so bad for you guys i am further along from my long lost love..wine! I'm almost 4 months and I'm still mood swinging, marriage counseling like crazy with my husband who is also an alcoholic (and the reasons I'm going to mention he heard this week at our first AA meeting..he informed me he's not going back again) but feels because he has never had a dui (realistically has gotten away with driving drunk), is successful at work, has never had a loved one that died from alcoholism and top ten reason he's not an alcoholic...he only drinks after 5pm seven days a week..talk about frustrating BUT going to AA today and only my 3rd time which I need to get going here lol i am learning from listening and reading a mini AA book that most of my arguing is still trying to reason with and control his behavior..I need to focus on ME. Try to disengage and remember that..but bottom line is you're going to feel bad, you're most likely going to feel really bad for a few weeks..it is what it is but understand that a. it's confirmation that you have a problem b. it's temporary c. having a glass of wine will wipe out your efforts and you'll have to start over..i can honestly say I have pretty much lost the desire to drink..occassionally it may rear it's head for a moment but I'm not turning back..no way...and don't you either!!!! Today is just a day of feeling lousy..it's temporary but the pay off is a reasonable, stable, happilly permanent life..maybe it will be months, maybe a year but the day will come when you're going to LOVE that you did it!! I'm with you in spirit today...you have lots of company on here!! In fact, I live here a lot just to hang on for one more day.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Going sober to save my relationship

Hi all,

So I've decided to go sober for my relationship and in turn for myself. After hearing complaints from my boyfriend saying I'm completely different person when drunk and he loves the sober me and me constantly saying I'm sorry for last night and him taking his affection away cuz so mad, I decided enough is enough. Plus I know he's getting to his breaking point and will prob end this for good if I have another raging alcoholic episode.

So with that it's been one week sober. Not very difficult since the past last year I curbed my drinking a ton (but still not enough according to bf) and year before that was sober for 6 months (before I met bf). Luckily for me my bf doesn't care to drink and is SO ok if we don't drink ever again lol. So really it's just on me to not drink, and because this is the first real loving relationship I've had I'd like to hold on to it. Whether or not he's the right guy for me to envision a forever with I still don't know, but I know if I take alcohol out of the equation we'll both get to see our true selves and can decide from there. All I know is alcohol has never helped me and has only hurt me in the past. So goodbye to that!

Last edited by LittleChris; 11-15-2012 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Posted in wrong place
Old 11-15-2012, 08:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dogmamma View Post

Day 2, begone!!!! Does anyone remember if day 3 is worse? I know most agree that day 4 is like the sunshine through the clouds after the first 4 days.

Stay strong, everyone. xo
Yeah, I second that. For me day three has always been the toughest, and in the past day 4 feels much better...