Notices

Nothing is coincidence

Old 11-14-2012, 07:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nothing is coincidence

Hey all,
So a woman from a meeting last night told me about a good one tonight that I had never been to. When I got to the address, via my GPS, there was a store there...no meeting. So I called her but she didn't pick up. Frustrated because I was tired I pulled over and looked in the meeting book for something else. I found one in a town right next to me that I never realized was there. So I went. And it was such a great meeting! I met a couple of really great people. One of whom shared a very similar experience about what happened to me last week (my relapse and ending up in the hospital). He had advice about my upcoming court date and assured me that if we all stick together and work hard on our recovery, we will get better. I know it sounds simple but the people who spoke in the meeting tonight and after with me resounded so much of the feelings I have been going through. I left that meeting feeling more hopeful than I have in a year. And that's no joke. Talking with my sponser after, she reminded me to thank my higher power tonight for leading me there. And I will surely be doing that before bed. I wasn't sure if my HP was listening to me (or if there was even one) but after surviving driving drunk last week AND overdosing, I feel something inside me is different now. One day at a time. Just so thankful. Hope everyone is doing well, so great to be back here, clear headed and optimistic
Old 11-14-2012, 09:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am glad you found a meeting you enjoyed and support. I have been thinking about you!
Old 11-14-2012, 09:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Quit, that is great news! Funny how sometimes life just hands you what you need right when you need it-so glad you had this experience today, you needed something good to happen to balance out last week. It sounds like you have found a group you can relate to-excellent!
Old 11-14-2012, 09:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

quitforme, thanks for sharing your experience. It's really cool how things work out in life. Most of the time, we never expected it to turn out that way.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

quit isnt life wonderful , when tings turn out like that?
i do beleive in fate,, things only happen for a reason,, and im sooooooooooooooooooooooo glad you went,,, so pleased as orange juice for ys hun
lv cleo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 11-15-2012, 03:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Delilah I really did need this good experience. I have felt lost for so long and it's little (but big) things like this that remind me I have a purpose here. I'm so glad too caldus. I am truly humbled by these situations that happen for a reason...especially in some of my darkest days. Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday ((hugs))
Old 11-15-2012, 06:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

I call these experiences God moments. I have had far too many of them in sobriety to believe they are anything other than my higher power directing my life. Just keep your eyes open and you will experience many more
Old 11-15-2012, 06:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

awesome story!
Old 11-15-2012, 07:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with you, there are no coincidences.