I'm pretty much over it.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm pretty much over it.

Oh, I was at my therapist's office today and we both agreed I am pretty much over the axbf, processing the relationship and all of the intense emotional feelings around it have died down.

I have been feeling happy with myself lately, glad to have my life back and doing the things I want to do, without his angry controlling cr*p and his friends, whom I never did like. I am still struggling with loneliness but I do feel I am much better off.

Now I am working on myself - yay, me! For all of you struggling, there is hope! And codependency is no way to live, being on my own is so much BETTER!
Old 11-14-2012, 12:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yay to you is right!!!!! It is an awesome feeling to finally get to that point in your life. You are correct about the loneliness. I still find myself struggling with that part, but keep reminding yourself about the awful way he treated you when the loneliness starts to set in. Keep focusing on you and how less stressful your life is and how much happier you are now that he is not in it!!!!!

I am happy for you!!!!!! Keep moving forward!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 12:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you Ziggy, you go girl.
Thank you so much for sharing that with us, I really needed to hear that & know there's hope & light at the end of the tunnel.
Much respect to you.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lynnrae2 View Post
Yay to you is right!!!!! It is an awesome feeling to finally get to that point in your life. You are correct about the loneliness. I still find myself struggling with that part, but keep reminding yourself about the awful way he treated you when the loneliness starts to set in. Keep focusing on you and how less stressful your life is and how much happier you are now that he is not in it!!!!!

I am happy for you!!!!!! Keep moving forward!!!!!!
Thanks! Being lonely is a lot better than getting yelled at the time, I know!
Old 11-14-2012, 12:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rosiepetal View Post
Good for you Ziggy, you go girl.
Thank you so much for sharing that with us, I really needed to hear that & know there's hope & light at the end of the tunnel.
Much respect to you.
Thanks - you will get there. It's been 4 months of me working really hard on myself and my recovery. If I can do it, anyone can...
Old 11-17-2012, 02:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's absolutely wonderful....
Old 11-17-2012, 04:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

congrats that you are getting support to understand what you have been through and what is ahead.

the loneliness is temporary and will resolve itself when you are ready to trust yourself again.

so glad that you can feel "happiness" again... it took me a very long time to get there. You are fortunate!

stay connected with those who support you.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

ditto......
Old 11-18-2012, 05:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kassie2 View Post
stay connected with those who support you.
Absolutely! When my therapist "let me go" (a nice way of saying "we've done enough here for now"!) I was great for a few months, but went right back into the same old patterns rather quickly. I had to have a few starts and stops before I could really make a point of practicing my new tools for coping every day. And some days I still get it wrong. Having here and Al-Anon and other people who have walked my same path really helps.

Keep coming back!
~T