Reading these stories....

Old 11-12-2012, 07:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Reading these stories....

Make me happy I got out early in my relationship. At 1st I was really hurt and thought their was something wrong with me, then I realized what was going on and now I'm glad I'm done. I'm glad it didn't go further and I don't have to see any further declination of a person. On another note I would like to tell women everywhere that we deserve better not the scraps some man chooses to give us. I was(well I still am) young and dumb and took whatever given to me even when I knew I could do better.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am glad you got early too! Your so right....we can do much better!
Old 11-12-2012, 10:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's wonderful to witness such healthy self-esteem. Thank you for posting such a basic truth that so many lose hold of in the painful life with an alcoholic. It is always beneath one's dignity to accept scraps: of affection, of attention, of respect. You are right: you are absolutely worth more. I hope you always live with that core value. It is always our personal choice to remain with someone who hurts and shames us. And at any given moment on any given day, we can pull ourselves up and say "I am more than this."

I wish you continued good mental health!
Old 11-12-2012, 11:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EnglishGarden View Post
It's wonderful to witness such healthy self-esteem. Thank you for posting such a basic truth that so many lose hold of in the painful life with an alcoholic. It is always beneath one's dignity to accept scraps: of affection, of attention, of respect. You are right: you are absolutely worth more. I hope you always live with that core value. It is always our personal choice to remain with someone who hurts and shames us. And at any given moment on any given day, we can pull ourselves up and say "I am more than this."

I wish you continued good mental health!

Thank you! I was almost going to give them a 2nd chance, so I mentioned the fact that I think they have a drinking problem and they flipped out again. I just know they will hurt me more if I stay. Hopefully they get help. I will pray for them. Everyone on this site too.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Be thankful that you have such wisdom early. Today is our 36 wedding anniversary and yes it took me that long to say I deserve better that this. It's such a terrible progressive disease and after reading many of these posts,I know it can get much worse. I finally have your wisdom to say enough!