I'm feeling anxious, is this normal?

Old 11-12-2012, 03:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm feeling anxious, is this normal?

Hi, I'm not sure what's happening to me but I seem to be feeling anxious & a little bit frightened.
I am worried about bumping into my XABF, worried about bumping into him & his new GF, worried I might go to my Xmas work party & he might be there with her & I won't know how to react, worried about going away with my family at Xmas time & not having internet access to be in touch with SR & my family not understanding my head space.
I've never really felt like this before. Is it just accepting that I know I'm going to have to face these problems? Is it just the unknown of the future?
Or is it just a part of the healing & grief process?
I feel very exposed & vunerable.

On a plus note I have booked into get my hair done in 2 weeks time so I can focus on doing something nice for me.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

As FDR said "We have nothing to fear but fear itself"

Here is an acronym for fear:

F antasy
E xpectations
A ppearing
R eal

And a few little tidbits about fear:

Fear takes unsupported doom and in our minds makes the premiss real, although, it is not.

Fear is a negative emotion that keeps us trapped.

Fear stops success.

Fear causes us to give up even before we've even gotton started.

That's all I know about fear!

Continue to do positive things for you and don't worry about the what if's of the future, what will happen, will happen.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

False

Evidence

Appearing

Real
Old 11-12-2012, 04:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rosiepetal View Post
Hi, I'm not sure what's happening to me but I seem to be feeling anxious & a little bit frightened.
I felt a lot of this right after it all hit the fan for me. Actually I felt if for months afterwards.

It also was an impetous to get myself some help to feel better.

I can't remember if I have said this in another post to you, but Susan Anderson's The Journey from Abandonment to Healing was really helpful to me in understanding what was going on.

I love the FEAR ancronmyns above. I had not heard of the one Dolly mentioned but the first time I heard the other one I thought about it all day and have it posted on my fridge, at work etc.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you liferecovery I have just ordered that book, very helpful.

I also have arriving anyday now co-dependent no more, Detachment, Under the influence & this will make you laugh Taylor Swifts new CD because it has the song "we are never ever getting back together" lol.

Judging by comments made above I might reopen my "Feel the fear & do it anyway" book as this is a bible to me, I've read it over & over at different stages of my life.

I didn't realise it was fear that I was feeling.
I do feel that I need to go through these emotions after a traumatic stage in my life dealing with alcoholism & now betrayal.

I will work on myself but it helps to have you all there for advice.