And I just want to say...

Old 11-12-2012, 12:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

And I just want to say...

To those of you who may or DO still have it out for me because of a comment I made nearly a year ago, I apologize.

I have more issues than Reader's Digest. Don't we all.

Nobody has it easy. Okay?

Oh, forget it. This is crap.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't know what you are talking about, and it doesn't matter.

I just wanted to say I always enjoy your posts. Please don't be discouraged.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Choublak, you were never branded by ANYTHING you said here. People come and people go here, and almost all of us are here to get and give support. Anyone else is an exception, and you don't need to linger there.

I've had some wild ideas, and expressed them, but I don't think anyone is mad at me. This is a place of freedom, a place to try ideas out, see what response they get, see what others' experiences are, then move on with or without what we originally said. That is the growth.

You have been a wonderful supportive, caring member of this forum.

I am also finding that, as I start to progress from the initial shock and awe - make that shock and awe-ful - of leaving my AH in such a devastated state, in such a rush, if I re-read posts that people made to me then, I am getting different things out of them. I can see the progression in me, and I imagine that may be what you are seeing in you.

Take heart, we're all here to be honest and to heal.

ShootingStar1
Old 11-12-2012, 01:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've been here for a year, and I have no idea what you are referring to. Could it be that whomever took offense is long gone already?
Old 11-12-2012, 01:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm new to here. But I've read your posts and you say what people don't want to here, so you shouldn't be discourage what you say might hurt but it seems to be the truth.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The past is in the past! Ive done so many things I regret...but I have to forgive myself sometime and if other continue to hold a grudge when Ive tried to make amends...well, then unfortunately there is nothing more I can you (and neither can you). Try and move on although I know it can be tough
Old 11-12-2012, 01:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You are not responsible for other peoples expectations.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

You post on others threads and that shows support and that is very needed on this forum. Too few continue to stay here and support others...they post their problem, get our responses, and, then poof, they are gone. Look closely at how few continue to post on a regular basis, just a handful of the "members" you are one of these handful of people.

I have no clue as to what prompted this, but, would ask that you just let it go, keep posting.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I remember that there was tension, but have no idea what about any longer.

For me it is the time after the tension that I have the biggest growth....my guess you and others involved did too.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((((((((((choublak)))))))))))))))))

havent' been here a year,

I have issues too.

Katie ox
Old 11-12-2012, 04:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I don't have any idea what you are referring to I am newer on here but I enjpy your posts and I hope you continue to post!
Old 11-13-2012, 01:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I have been here longer than a year...I don't know what you are referring to. I must have missed it.

One thing I have always said to myself when I see your posts in response to mine and others: "That Choublak sure knows how to cut through it all and get right to the point." That is a really valuable thing when emotions are high.

Fuggetaboutit!!!!!!! (New Yorker here...lol)
Old 11-13-2012, 03:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Choublak,

I have NO IDEA what you are talking about!!!

But it reminds me of something kind of cool and maybe that is why your HP let you have your paranoia attack... so you could kind get a pulse and feedback on this kind of stuff!

I used to obsess over what "people thought" ... like in "oh my"... they know I am dating an crazy, insane alcoholic guy and she is so...like old... and he is a leach and just after her pitiful little bit of money... pssssst... psssst. whisper, whisper....

But actually, at the end of the day... most people have no idea or do not have time to worry about our stuff and what is going on with us!

Are we irrelevant? What will matter in 1000 years?

This thread could go in a million different directions .... but, honestly... 99.9% have no idea what you did to ruffle someone's skirt a year ago and at the end of the day it doesn't have a thing to do with the price of tea in China...

But... other than that... how is your recovery and how was your day?

Mine was fantabulous! ... and I like your posts so keep coming back! And fugggidabout a year ago...it is way under the proverbial bridge!
Old 11-13-2012, 04:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You know what's great with getting old?
Short-term memory isn't so great anymore, so I also have no clue what you're talking about. I'm sorry if there are people who have it in for you, I'm sorry you're worried about people having it in for you -- I don't remember you having said anything offensive. But you know, I AM old. I can't hold a grudge. And that's pretty much a great blessing.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:06 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Linkin Park Enthusiast

Yeah, I don't know what you are talking about either.

But I **** people off too, and I am sorry they feel that way, but not sorry that I am honest about my feelings.

And people make me mad too, but eventually I get over it.

I care way too much about what people think, I need to work on that, amongst other things.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
My emotional baggage

Ive been here a year and no idea what you are referring to either.....

We are all here looking for the same thing, peace. What is the standard line here, "It's not my business what other people think of me." Just keep that in mind.

Whatever is troubling you, let it go......
Old 11-13-2012, 06:17 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I kind of agree with you. Maybe not on the "A's just have to decide to get help" but I think it is harder for people to sit by and know they can't help someone they care about even when they want to. They either have to wait for the person to get help or sit by and watch someone slowly kill or harm themselves.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:22 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Please don't feel like you are feeling....if you know what I mean.

I have read through your thread and think no worse of you. Everyone has days where they are bitter or angry and make similar posts.

You are entitled to your own opinion and your opinion does not offend me.

Please don't feel like this, there is no need and you are doing yourself so much injustice by doing so.

I hope you feel better soon.
Take care xx
Old 11-13-2012, 06:45 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

And to answer a question:

"If an addicts choice to get clean is that easy.. Surely a spouse's decision to walk away should be equally easy?"

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: I hate "dating" and am really bad at it; I would rather have Fidel Castro perform a pap smear on me than re-enter the dating market. I didn't know I was "picking" an alcoholic with this partner because he was just starting to become a binge drinker and what I knew about alcoholism back then was that an alcoholic is always drunk and drinks every day. Naive, I know.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:14 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Iceberg Ahead!

A few people get offended by any little thing. The vast majority apparently didn't. And, a year later, one of those few can even click Thanks on a post of yours.

Don't sweat the small stuff of the few and far between.

(Wasn't here a year ago ... unfortunately for me).