Notices

Just another newbie!!!!

Old 11-12-2012, 08:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just another newbie!!!!

Hi, I JUST joined this site today (Nov. 12,2012) ..I've been hooked on the 100 mcg.'s Fentanyl patches for approximately 12 yr.'s and went to a Suboxone clinic on Saturday where I got my first dose.. I have LOTS of questions that need answers and need to be around other addicts whether in recovery or still using..I just wanted to introduce myself and look forward to meeting & talking to so many of you .. Thanks
Old 11-12-2012, 08:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
AA member

Welcome to SR.Glad you are here.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family! You'll find lots of support here.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Been there, done that!

Hi ya. Welcome!!
Old 11-12-2012, 04:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just me AGAIN..Cheyxox88 (one too today's newbie's begging for help...I'm freaking)

PLEASE help.. I'm really having a hard time adjusting to the subs.. I JUST had a bout with blurry vision and remembered reading that it was a symptom to report to your doc or go to the ER. THANKFULLY it went away but the subs make me feel so weird.. Is that normal??? JUST asking for help and begging for answers and help and THANKS so much to the ones who took time to drop me a few lines... I feel so much better on this site now.. I also take Klonipin for Panic D/O and PTSD but the Dr. that prescribed the subs said it was OK to take the Klonipin with the subs.. I am on 24 mg.'s total daily (8 mg.s of suboxone 3 times a day) but I have been hooked on Fentanyl for 12 yr.'s and I've heard from so many and even googled it and it is either 80 or 100 times stronger than morphine.. .. My 3rd day and having some weird sensations.. Just scared is all and I feel so helpless and hopeless... PLEASE answer....The little smiley is exactly the way I feel right now...Thanks, Cheyenne
Old 11-12-2012, 04:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Cheyxox-

I'm sorry you're struggling right now - it's always scary when we don't know what to expect. We can't give medical advice (it's against forum rules), but for you might want to check these out:
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Can you get in touch with your doctor? I wouldn't hesitate to go to the ER if you're worried. Take some slow deep breaths too..... it can seem 10 times worse when we get really anxious. Hang in there - we're here.....
Old 11-12-2012, 04:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome and congratulations on stepping into a new way of living. So happy you have reached out for help. Please know it will get better and fear is so normal and we all had it no matter what we abused. And like another poster said go to the er if necessary. If you feel the need for medical attention seek it. Your health and safety is most important. You have come to a wonderful place here and you find many to talk to and you will never feel alone. Hang in there and thinking of you.