Timing

Old 11-12-2012, 07:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Timing

Monday, November 12, 2012

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Timing

Wait until the time is right. It is self-defeating to postpone or procrastinate; it is also self-defeating to act too soon, before the time is right.

Sometimes, we panic and take action out of fear. Sometimes, we take untimely action for revenge or because we want to punish someone. We act or speak too soon as a way to control or force someone to action. Sometimes, we take action too soon to relieve feelings of discomfort or anxiety about how a situation will turn out.

An action taken too soon can be as ineffective as one taken too late. It can backfire and cause more problems than it solves. Usually, when we wait until the time is right - sometimes only a matter of minutes or hours - the discomfort dissolves, and we're empowered to accomplish what we need to do.

In recovery, we are learning to be effective.

Our answers will come. Our guidance will come. Pray. Trust. Wait. Let go. We are being led. We are being guided.

Today, I will let go of my need to control by waiting until the time is right. When the time is right, I will take action.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Exactly what I needed to hear today.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

This one is hitting home for me today.. My head is spinning with everything that I think I need to get done today.. I know it will happen and come together in the time it's supposed too
Old 11-12-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I have often allowed my emotions; anger, fear, hurt, disappointments and even happiness to dictate my decisions.

Our answers will come. Our guidance will come. Pray. Trust. Wait. Let go. We are being led. We are being guided. Today, I will let go of my need to control by waiting until the time is right. When the time is right, I will take action.

I will allow God to be my pilot!!
Old 11-12-2012, 10:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveMeNot View Post
Today, I will let go of my need to control by waiting until the time is right. When the time is right, I will take action.

I will allow God to be my pilot!!
This is a good point--by trying to do something now, we are forcing it and not letting go and allowing God to lead our way. I have a lot of trouble with patience. It's interesting because how do we determine when we need to let go and let Go, and when we need to act? It seems like in my relationships with addicts, I sometimes let go forever, and don't act. I don't set boundaries and wait for things to get better. I wait for the addict to do something, rather than doing something myself. Oh well. I guess it's something I need to meditate on. Thanks!
Old 11-12-2012, 10:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

LMN, perfect post for me! For sure our God is leading us. I am thankful for this message for today.
Hugs
Teresa