Notices

ex-wife

Old 11-11-2012, 07:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

ex-wife

I have been divorced 1&1/2 years now. Yesterday, I stopped by my ex's house to walk our dogs(I can't have dogs in current living situtasion) and I saw a guy leaving the house as I pulled into the driveway. I have a 4 year old daughter living at my "old" home and I could use some advice on how to handle a boyfriend of my ex's being around my daughter. Would I be out of line to ask him to go out for a pizza and tell him my expectations of him being around my little girl?
Old 11-11-2012, 08:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Who has primary custody of your daughter? Since you are divorced, your ex-wife has a right to have a boyfriend just as you have the right to have a girlfriend. Unless you know there is something going on that is detrimental to your daughter, I don't see where you really need to get involved just because she has a boyfriend. Of course, you can invite him for pizza to talk, but if he declines the invitation, there's not really anything you can do about it.

Is your ex-wife an addict? Are you an addict? I'm not sure, from what you have posted, why you are asking this question on an addiction recovery forum. In any case, good luck to everyone involved.