Notices

Got Serious DT's Will Temazepam 30 mg help?

Old 11-11-2012, 12:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Got Serious DT's Will Temazepam 30 mg help?

Beer alcoholic here
...Hey . i fell off the wagon..this will be my third time going thru withdrawl...it felt like i was going to pass out and I couldnt fall sleep...totally freaked me out....scared...does anyone know if Temazepam 30 mg will help me?

Its sad that i have to drink in order not to have the DT's and I need some sleep........im so mad at myself..
thanks......
Old 11-11-2012, 12:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

We are not allowed to give medical advice.

Please contact your dr as detoxing from alcohol can be dangerous.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i cant go to the hosp....im lying about my drinking again and i dont want anyone to know..i have to work tomorrow.......is withdrawling that bad or that serious? ..ok i now know u cant advise me...hummmm what to do??? perplexed..dont want to drink...can anyone relate to the physical feelings symptoms i have?
Old 11-11-2012, 12:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Withdrawal can be VERY serious.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Alcohol withdrawal can kill you.

So yes it can be extremely serious.

And someone who is having uncontrollable DT's is probably experiencing pretty serious withdrawal. You need to have you heart rate, blood pressure and things of that nature monitored.

I don't mean to sound harsh or melodramatic but it can lead to heart attacks of strokes as well as a number of other serious complications. I think in that case people finding out you're drinking again would be the least of your worries.

And a BIG part of committing to recovery is being honest with yourself AND others around you. If you're not doing that it's going to make staying sober that much harder.

And how exactly were you planning to get the medication without a doctor? You should never take something without a script ESPECIALLY when your body is going through withdraw.

I hope you decide to swallow your pride and see a doctor. It could truly be a life/death situation and most definitely at the very least a danger to your health.

Best of luck. I don't mean to come off as a jerk, I just don't want to see you do permanent damage
Old 11-11-2012, 01:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Of course you can go over to the ER without anyone knowing. And heres a little something to read up on. For those of us that decided to not seek the help at first..

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...l-seizure.html
Old 11-11-2012, 01:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

See a doctor-seriously. Withdrawal can be VERY dangerous, as said before.

And be honest with your physician. I was embarrassed to do this at first. But it was a relief when I did. Besides, they've seen, heard, and dealt with this many times before.

Good luck!!
Old 11-11-2012, 03:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

DTs don't mean detox, it means delirium tremens and it's deadly serious. If you were really having the DTs I doubt you'd be typing at your computer. But do see your doctor about helping you get thru withdrawal safely.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Please take very careful care of yourself.
Do you think it would be best to seek some help? I do sweetie.
Please keep checking in and letting us know you are making progress. But I really do think medical help is best x
Old 11-11-2012, 04:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
former walking pharmacy

If you are seriously talking DT's (delerium tremens, HARD CORE alcohol withdrawal) you absolutely need to go to the ER. Period. Please at least call your doctor. Withdrawal can and will kill you.