the addict blues

Old 11-11-2012, 10:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

the addict blues

the addict blues irrrriiittttaatttteee me. sorry they just frustrate the heck out of me. im sure any addicts or families of addicts know what im talking about.
the poor me, the why me, the everyone hates me, the world is mean, im a bad bad person and i dont deserve to live and this person did this and that person did that and im always to blame. bla bla bla bla bla......
it just goes on. my ah who ive been away from for over a week says hes been sober for about a week. i havent seen him in this time but talked on phone /text. today he starts the low self esteem kick and i just cant even respond .....it pisses me off so much. sorry its just that this is what i hear......it just seems like an excuse to either drink again or continue to drink.
the "your just going to leave me anyways" - UGH WHATTT? i will if you keep doing this bs.
"This person 10 years ago said this"- MOVE ONNNNN!!
"Why am i always being blamed for other peoples crap" -YOU BLAME YOURSELF CRAZZYY!
"The world is bad place" -Ugh huh.....soooo?
"im a bad person" - ....apparently so is the world...

getting it off my chest..
i remember once awhile back when he said the world is bad bla bla bla and when i said its not all bad. he replied that im living in a fantasy land and everybodys holding hands. ughmmm ok so ...... his thinking isnt fantasy land that everyone SHOULD hold hands. Pleaaaasee. give me a break.
letting off some frustrations. the conversation today wasnt that bad but it just bring bme back to ALLLLL the other conversations.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ewww - what a Debby Downer. I often wondered if they actually think this kind of blathering is attractive?

I think you'll find many of us who can completely relate, it is so common. Been there, done that, many times. It does get old, and I don't know about you but I began to not respect the addict in my life who did this. Yuck!

This very conversation is a good example for going "no contact". It allows us to live without having to listen to this kind of garbage.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree - its sooooo unattractive. I was sympathetic to start, then I felt like saying: get over it. In fact I did after a while - I reminded him some people are homeless, terminally ill, have no one. Got fed up with him not realising how good he had it with me. Grrrrrr!
Old 11-11-2012, 04:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there honey, I know it's hard.
My exabf said he had low self esteem, was going to cut down on drinking & focus on himself & then went back drinking & back with his ex.
It's all a load of BS.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Rosiepetal,
Yep! Same deal - here!
Old 11-11-2012, 07:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Linkin Park Enthusiast

My favorite is when they say all that bs and then tell YOU that YOU are delusional/crazy.

My favorite is "You're schizo." Gimme a break. I have a degree in psychology. I know that when you are the only one living in your reality but everyone else has a different reality, there is something wrong with YOU, NOT me.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by inpieces314 View Post
My favorite is when they say all that bs and then tell YOU that YOU are delusional/crazy.
Mine too!

Some more of my favourites:

"I'm angry and drunk and I deserve to be because my kid died nearly 18 years ago" - Hey d*ckhead he was MY KID TOO! It's not a reason to get sh*tfaced and abuse me. It's a reason to get your sh*t together and LIVE for the kids you have who are alive.

One of the teens I work with died unexpectedly a few years ago. I held it together all day at work to support the other kids, then I came home and cried all night. He ignored me completely, save for rolling his eyes at me. Used it as an excuse for him to get drunk.

"Just chill, you are so uptight, it's just a herb, when we met I smoked pot, WTF is your problem?" My problem is that I believe pot makes young men who use it grow into adults with great big mental problems and smoking it IN FRONT OF your own teenage sons is STUPID because you have GREAT BIG mental problems.

Thank goodness he is gone and my kids aren't forced to listen to a grown man "wha wha wha" and "poor me" all the time.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

i love hearing others experiences on this. feels good to just get it out there. it pisses me off i hate it! lol
i had heard so much in the past i literally would make hand gestures like hes talking too much behind his back. mean i know but so was hearing the crap.
i am going to go see if hes really sober tomorrow go to aa with him. any depressing comments like the above and i think ill be taking a longer vacation lol...
Old 11-11-2012, 11:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

Originally Posted by inpieces314 View Post

My favorite is "You're schizo." Gimme a break. I have a degree in psychology. I know that when you are the only one living in your reality but everyone else has a different reality, there is something wrong with YOU, NOT me.
i find this funny as i have been called crazy too many times to count.
he could never give me a real reason as to why i was either and yet denied his craziness one minute and then sulked in it the next sometime right after.
he even told me once when i pointed out that it must be him because of everyone elses thoughts and functions he told me that everyone is crazy and hes the only sain one and we like play games. yeaaaa....that makes complete sense! lol