"XAH has the kids for the weekend." A black comedy...

Old 11-10-2012, 10:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

"XAH has the kids for the weekend." A black comedy...

So he decided to spend time with the kids. He has seen them twice in 2 months so far, so he must have felt a twinge of guilt.

Earlier, I had asked if he was having the kids the entire weekend or just one night and what time he would collect them and bring them home. All I got back via email was drunklish. I gave up and went to bed, his last email was full of disgust and OUTRAGE about how I DARE ASK for his itinerary for the weekend when he has the kids - I only asked what days and what times.

His final email was written in drunklish, of course, and sent at 11.45pm - we were all asleep, of course. He wrote that he would collect the kids between 10 and 11. They should be ready by 10, but he may or may not pick them up at 10 (thus setting me up for a FAIL whatever happened). Kids took their time getting ready, they know their father, he may or may not do what he says he is going to do.

He arrived at 10.15am. Eldest kid went to his car to say he had a couple of things to pack and they would be right out. Next thing I know I can hear abuse being shouted at me from outside the house. I peeked out and saw him stalking up and down the front of the house "inspecting" things. His face looked thunderous and he was fuming. He was FURIOUS and wanted me and the entire street to know about it.

Just seeing this behaviour made me realise how happy I am that he is gone. It was scary, I was shaking, kids were shaking and upset. To think we used to put up with that kind of CRAP every single day.

Something shifted in my brain today. He is really f*cked up. I want no part of his f*ckedupedness.

Oh, he promised the eldest that he would celebrate his birthday with him this weekend and that he had bought him a FABULOUS watch! He bought the kid a sandwich for lunch and the kid has come home with no watch. I won't ask. Poor kid.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I'm a little confused. Was he drunk when he came to pick up the kids?
Old 11-11-2012, 01:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lulu, hugs from me today but also a hearty laugh at the way you laid it out here. :-)

Yes, getting some distance helps see it all clearly, and often just how f'ed up it was.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If he's drinking/drunk while driving/watching the kids, isn't that grounds for demanding supervised visits with no driving??
Old 11-11-2012, 07:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh lulu! Sometimes I think we are living parallel lives!

My STBXAH must have felt that same twinge because he too showed up to see his kids this weekend! I also got a bunch of drunklish but mine were texts, one of them he decided to send at 1 am....because that is a respectable time to make visitation arrangements.

Isn't it nice to not have to put up with the daily crazy!?