Wow....revelation

Old 11-09-2012, 07:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Do You Believe

Wow....revelation

If you ever question your "big plan" that you have made with your family, go read the friends and family section of the forums. I was having a pretty cruddy afternoon / evening, as my wife was having a Wine Club meeting. My beast was screaming. I knew what it was but I was struggling a bit with self pity / anger / resentment. I then read that section and whoaaa.....whole different perspective.

I am so glad I stumbled on it becuase it gave me a quick attitude adjusment. It sent my beast back into hiding. It will come out another day but I will go back to that section and "refresh" my memory on what really counts; my family and what my drinking did to them and to get a glimpse of how they (mostly my wife) felt and what could happen.

I was asked to go out and have some beers tonight and I matter of factly said "no thanks. I am staying in with my kids." No excuses, no pity, no guilt, no shame. I did not miss it a bit.

Very enlightening to say the least.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hi dybehfar,, yep thats exactly what pushed me even more determind to beat this bugga,, i read the website, then got the book,, a week later, i read the family section with my hubby,, and he really gets it too,, even told his brother to "get into it" after a long hard battle with his beast.
its made a huge difference to how my hubby sees me now,, he understands, and best of all, he addmitted hes been "pandering" to me,, always forgave me for such horrible things id done, under the influence,, weve been togethr 20 yrs soon, and hes now said "one more slip , and thats it" wow,,
it hit me like a tonne of bricks,, scared me silly, that ive actually come to that point, but hes right,, i need this kick up the ,you no what,, and im thankful for it.
hes not wanting me to say sorry,, we know i cannot change the past,, but he wants me (and i too) to change our future,, and for the first time in years i feel weve connected again.
its like weve fallen in love again,,, oooo soppy ,,xx
my kids also are so happy theyve got their mommy back,, the REAL me,, i know its still very early days,, but i love them with every inch of my being,, well i know now , i can start showing them all again.
lvly post , dybehfar,,, happy saturday from a cold uk x
xx lv cleo xxx
Old 11-18-2012, 03:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Galatians 5:13

I absolutely loved reading this post. It put a big smile on my face. It also gave me a neat little tip.

dybehfar: Thank you! It is a good idea to read the friends and family section. Perspective. Thank you again!

---
Old 11-18-2012, 07:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Member of SMART Recovery

Yes, the F&F forum can be very enlightening. It's stunning what some of those folks have gone through, and continue to go through.

At times I'm just stuck by the craziness. Even from this "side of the fence", I so often think to myself that I would never put up, not for five minutes, with the behavior their loved ones foist on them.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I never want to become that type of a drunk. I do read &post on f&f. I started because x mr. Fandy has a gambling addiction and i was looking for answers.
i found more insight about myself.