Notices

confused

Old 11-09-2012, 09:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

confused

I was married to my ex for maybe 9 months. I knew he drank when we married but not to the extent that he did. I moved in with my son after our divorce and was in the process of finding my own place and for what ever reason my ex convineced me he was through with all the "hard liquor" drinking. I have three grown children that I have lost because of moving back in with him. I think he has done everything to me except HIT me, and yet I love him and want this to work. We have been back together for maybe two months now and I went home yesterday to a dog drunk mess. I am almost 63 years old, I can't believe I am so stupid as to think things would change. I am hurt, I am angry, do I stay or do I face my kids and tell them they was right all along? I realize no one can tell me what to do, but does anyone have any advice for me?
Old 11-09-2012, 09:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, Punkin.
I'm sorry you are going through all of this. If I were in your situation, I would leave now before things get any worse. Go to your children, tell them how much you love them and apologize for making them worry so much about you. They really truly love you and clearly dont want to see you hurting.
Alcoholics can only get better with help. Hes not going to wake up one day and say, "I'm done" and then magically be better. It is a long, difficult, painful road for alcoholics and for those living with them.
Take care and God bless. Go hug those children of yours!
Old 11-09-2012, 10:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

My advice is to reconcile with your children and focus on your relationships with them.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree with Anna...focus on your kids!
Old 11-09-2012, 01:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you Jen, I appreciate your advice, and I am going to do exactly what you said. God Bless you!