Notices

It just continues to get better than I would of ever thought.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

It just continues to get better than I would of ever thought.

Good morning SR friends and family

Since I have been putting sobriety into my life, I have been taking out a lot of good things. I can only describe it best as a king of quiet satisfaction. I feel good and well, I feel much more right in the world , and each and every day is just a blessing to awake into this way of life compared to the old. So as long as I put sobriety into my life almost everything I take out of it is good. And as a alcoholic that always wanted instant gratification and now have really become better at knowing and realizing that this journey is made up of lots of little things. So just take it a little at a time and one day or moment at a time. More will be reviled. But I sure now have more ambition to do things that I would only talk about in a drunken state.

As I talked about in my meeting last night to someone's first meeting as was terribly nervous. And we talked but the jist of what I had for him was to try not to worry about life and what it will be like without alcohol , just hang in there and a lot of good things will happen to you. Just stick to three things right now start praying if you dont, go to meetings, and dont drink. And in some time you will feel that quiet statisfaction, peace, serenity and gratitude for the grace of your own god.

Have a beautiful day all and remember to smile cause sobriety looks good on YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep living the dream and stay on the Beam

Good love, Inda
Old 11-09-2012, 09:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Very nice post. I feel if this was as good as it got I could be satisfied but the old timers keep telling me it only gets better. I thank God and AA for giving me a life better than I could have imagined. I did not realize how bad things had gotten until I had something to compare it to
Old 11-09-2012, 09:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Inda...very nice post!

Jim
Old 11-09-2012, 09:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Saved By Grace

Thanks for the encouragement Inda, you are such a success and inspiration for Newcomers. Heres to us staying sober, reaping the benefits, and NEVER returning to the old chapters of our life book.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

"But I sure now have more ambition to do things that I would only talk about in a drunken state."
That is such a cool quote from you! It is so true too! Since I have stopped drinking (and the major withdrawls faded) I have had more ambition at work to attack projects that intimidated me before and do things towards goals I only dreamed and ranted about when I was drunk. Thanks for the reminder to look for the quiet satisfaction and happiness (:
Old 11-09-2012, 12:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I always enjoy reading your posts..you are so uplifting and positive! !
Old 11-09-2012, 04:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Thank you all so much.

Well we enbark on another weekend. I wish everyone well and enjoy. I am off to my friday meeting. Have to get everything in order for next weeks anniversary.

Peace
Old 11-09-2012, 07:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I know what you mean, Inda. Without AA I would have been a suicide statistic in 1989.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 11-10-2012, 07:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

You rock my brother Bob. Just a couple miles to the North..

Well a wonderful sunny day here in Cleveland Ohio. Which is a rare thing , our slogan is if you dont like the weather here, wait ten minutes..

Off to do the leaves one last time before the winter wonderland comes.