Notices

My Alcoholic voice is really trying today!!

Old 11-09-2012, 04:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Alcoholic voice is really trying today!!

As I sit here on this 9th day of November, it's my 29th birthday; and 9 days sober....my longest ever. I should be proud(which I am), but for some reason my mind is acting like all of these (9's) are a coincidence and a reason to celebrate (drink). I have been sitting here reflecting over my past drinking days. Alcoholic/addict for the last 15 years, and starting my first intense outpatient program today. I signed up on my own, no court order.....I really wanna change! My mind is saying "you're facing prison time anyway" why not have 1 drink?". I'm confident that my HP will see me through this mess and the charges will be lowered. I just have to have faith, and continue to pray. Why not drink? Because I CAN'T drink, because it's a losing battle for me everytime, because I almost lost everything in one night from having "1" drink. I have no idea what I am going to do to celebrate today, but one thing I know for sure......I WILL NOT DRINK. Just needed to vent, Thanks for listening!
Old 11-09-2012, 04:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No, a drink won't help, I hate that voice! Stay strong!
Old 11-09-2012, 04:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

grats on 9 days and happy birthday!
Go out and catch a movie, treat yourself to a nice dinner.
Do something today that you were wishing you could do on those horrific days you woke up hungover!
Old 11-09-2012, 04:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Happy 29th Birthday Sober-

You are making good choices for your recovery. I went to IOP out of desperation to quit drinking and to help myself make the necessary changes for a sober life. I am now doing Continuing Care. Best decisions I've made so far. AA is also a BIG part of my life as well.

I was given some good advice from a fellow SR member (Sapling)..."It works (the program), if you work it".

I'll be 70 days sober tommorow...It's still a battle (as I have to deal with my "issues" without drowning them out with booze)...but, I am still working it..

I think taking sobriety very seriously, being willing to do whatever it takes to get sober is one of the first steps we must take in order to achieve it.

Sounds like you are there.

Good Luck! You CAN do it!
Old 11-09-2012, 04:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

:day2

and happy 9th day!!
Old 11-09-2012, 02:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you have a good day
My best birthdays have been my sober ones

D
Old 11-11-2012, 08:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. I made it through my birthday weekend. I slept and read alot, but at least I didn't drink. Day 11 today, and feeling more confident than ever!
Old 11-11-2012, 08:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

That part of your brain wants it's fix.
You don't want it, nor need it... Helped me to say that and ask HP to take those thoughts from me. Terrible cravings in the early days, but I feel so much more confident in myself now and others have much respect for what I have done via sobriety.
You will succeed.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats! Personal best! I remember those early days and they are where I earned my own respect back. Respect has to be earned, especially from ourselves. Although many give little thought to their own sense of integrity and credibility to themselves. When the going seems tough, smile, then you'll know you have earned it.
:day