Notices

New post

Old 11-08-2012, 07:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New post

Hi I am married to an alcoholic.
I've reached my Limits it has gotten way to far and I want to get out but now I'm scared. He won't leave and he blames his drinking on me. I really feel bad to leave my house but I have three children with no family and no where to go. So I stay here. Does anyone know if there is any help for me because he won't leave I've asked him to even begged him to and nothing. I need to get out of this relationship. Please anyone out there can at least help me with some insight on where I could go ? What I can do ? What protection I can get or have ? What are my rights ? I'm begging you guys out there please help me I really can't take this situation anymore not for me or my children please help.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Saved By Grace

I feel so sorry for your pain Dagie and what you are going through. I sadly understand your husbands problem as I have it also so my heart breaks for both of you. I know your upset, rightfully so, but maybe you could just scare him and kick him out of the house for a few nights to shake him up and I'm guessing he will want to come home really bad and then you say, it's sober or nothing bud. thats just an idea.

Your in the UK, wait... your in new london conneticut my bad. I was gonna say maybe you had some social services or whatever, maybe an alano club in town with some people who could support you? Do what you need to do to protect your children and if it means leaving the man so be it. He cannot be aloud to continue doing what he's doing but if it were me I'd try to give him a few chances until I pulled the plug on the entire thing. Hang in there, alcoholism is horrible and the pain is tough.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Saved By Grace

Also I might get flamed for saying this but when you said your vows there was a part that went something like this, "in sickness and in health." Your husband is sick, I know it probley looks like he is choosing to do what he is doing but when your an alcoholic not drinking during stressful times especially aint much of a choice.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Dagie I found a link and am trying to figure out how to post it.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Can't figure it out
Old 11-08-2012, 09:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Although I respect your opinion YoungAndClean I don't think that part of her wedding vows was put in there to make her stand still and allow herself to be used as a punching bag. Nor should her children be forced to watch it. But that's just my opinion, based on what I remember growing up.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi dagie, if you do come back. There's legal info within the site.

Sitemap and Site Search « Hot Peach Pages International
Old 11-09-2012, 09:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Alcoholism is a family disease and Alanon is a HUGE source of support and information about the challenges you are facing. I would highly recommend you checking them out. There are no easy answers to your questions but Alanon will open your eyes to a whole new way of looking at things
Old 11-09-2012, 09:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I agree with what MIR says. Whether you stay or go I think you need to go through a lot of healing, and understanding what you're dealing with is a good way to start.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Is your husband violent? If so, please call a Domestic Violence hotline. 211 can help you.

Also, I would call my local police and ask them what to do. You may need to evict him!
Old 11-09-2012, 09:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Dagie - welcome
I'm very sorry for your situation.

There's a great wealth of knowledge in our Family and Friends forum, especially in the posts at the top

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...sed-woman.html

D