Notices

I've got faith

Old 11-08-2012, 07:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I've got faith

Good evening. Thankful I found this site a few years ago so that I can take a glance at it AGAIN. Hopefully, this time I won't fail myself and my family and will be able to continue to do what is right for me and everyone around me.
I've not had a drink since Monday evening...yep almost 3 days. I'm ready to get SOBER! I hate it, I hate it, I hate it.....
Anyway yep, I'm a newcomer and a newcomer that is looking for NEW BEGINNINGS! Please...I will take any help that is available to get a grip on this. I need as many tools as possible. Feel free to express yourself.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Faith. Welcome to SR.

Congrats on your three days, the first days are always the hardest.

There is a lot of support and encouragement here, keep reading and posting, it really helps. Do you have some other tools on mind to fight this addiction?

Take care and have a good day)
Old 11-09-2012, 12:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Welcome to SR Faith,

Congratulations on your 3 days sober Faith. Faith is a beautiful thing to have, even a willingness to believe that everything will be ok makes stuff a lot easier, or at least it has in my experience. I wish you the best of luck in your journey.

Natom.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am with everyone else on this. Even a little faith helps, even if it seems a bit misguided to start with. If you can have faith in yourself, you don't need to worry about what other people around you think. And many of us here have found that putting faith in a Higher Power, something greater than ourselves, has been the foundation of recovery.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for all of the support and kind words!

Here I sit Friday morning and nervous as hell. Today will be 4 days for me and not only is it Friday which equals drinking but payday also which makes it even that much worse. My husband and I are both alcoholics but, yep "but" (lol) .... we both think that we enjoy drinking until we get wasted and things go upside down meaning arguing, saying things out of drunkeness, ect. Or until the next morning, having regrets and just feeling terrible. We are a very happy couple but the drinking is not only going to hurt us individually but as a couple and not to mention our children, how will it effect them.

Today, but mainly this evening is going to be very hard for not only me but for us!

I want to get through it so bad but.......
Old 11-09-2012, 08:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I tend to role play with myself. If and when I have a craving I simply at it all out in my mind. The end result is always the same. Hung over, family upset, broke and much wasted time thinking of only myself and not of others. People have different opinions about this but I now put the joy of my daughter and wife before me. The way I see it is.... I've spent to many hours putting me before them. I'm aware that my happiness should come first but it sure does make me happy doing the right things.