Notices

Sleep

Old 11-08-2012, 07:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sleep

I was helping clean up the next day after a party in a big hotel room. Picking up all the red solo cups and noticing how some people "wasted" the alcohol. Couldn't remember much of the night before, I must have been really wasted. I watched the girl helping me and I walked into another room and started drinking the leftover alcohol out of some of the cups. Trying to hide as normal so noone sees my shameful early morning drinking.

Then I woke up.

It was just a dream, not vivid really at all. Didn't wake up feeling any regret, just confused. I could literally taste the watered down coke and rum in my dream. I've never experienced something like that in a dream. A real taste, very memorable. Have no idea what this means just felt like sharing it out here.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have those dreams as well, I think everyone who stops drinking does! Hang in there!
Old 11-08-2012, 07:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It was unusual to say the least. I did feel that typical alcohol hiding shame in the dream. My brain is messing around with me. Having fun at my own expense ha!
Old 11-08-2012, 07:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I had a dream like this the other night only about the pain pills i use to take. I felt the euphoria and everything. Even the panic of running out. When I woke up I was pretty shaken up and it took a few hours for me to realize it was just a dream and I was okay. Scary stuff
Old 11-08-2012, 07:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow, thankfully they were just dreams for us. If anything it can be motivation remembering those awful feelings we all used to have.

That junk can stay in my dreams. Its not coming to reality.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Saved By Grace

Every night for my first 30 days sober I got high in my dreams vividly or chased drugs/almost used them before waking up. I'm not exaggerating, every single night! I was also a heroin user at one point in my life though so it makes sense the grip addiction had on my mind. It's still weird when your trying so hard to stay sober during the day, and during your dreams your acting out the exact oposite: chasing that next fix.