Mom is drinking and driving, stressed

Old 11-08-2012, 06:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mom is drinking and driving, stressed

My mom is an alcoholic, and I still live with her (just got out of highschool). I just posted on here because I need to vent. She is verbally abusive and get psycho when she gets drunk. I plan on changing my living situation soon to get out of this environment. I am sick of the constant worrying, and pain she puts me through. Right now she is driving home drunk and I am just worried for her and all the people on the road right now. This is a common thing, however she sounded pretty intoxicated. Is there anything I can say to her in the morning that will help her realize all of the destruction she is causing? I would really appreciate the advice, thank you
Old 11-08-2012, 07:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

If our words could change them, they would all be cured.

I'm sorry. I know how hard it is to watch a loved one self-destruct with alcohol.

Here are some steps that helped me while I was still living with active alcoholism in my home.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...l-problem.html

Please keep reaching out, you are not alone.

I wish you a peaceful journey in your future!
Old 11-09-2012, 04:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi jwall, I am sorry you have to live with this. I don't have a lot of advice for you, I am pretty new here, but I do know that if you know the route your mom is taking (this would be for the next time), you can call the police and tell them her location, direction, etc. and that she is driving drunk, and they will go out to locate her and get her off the road.

I hope she made it home safe last night. You sound like a great child for any mom to have but I am sorry you have to carry this burden. I hope you have other family members you can go to for help also.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Jwall. God bless you. You have a heart of gold and remind me of my children with my AS. You do have to understand that it's only your mother that can make that choice and the best of luck moving on with your life