Notices

Withdrawl.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Withdrawl.

Today is my first day(again) off of DXM(by drug of choice) or any drug/alcohol and I've noticed the usual withdrawl symptoms I get when quitting after using consecutive days in a row.

The most noticable effect is the Anxiety. I have generalized anxiety disorder as it is, which is controlled most of the time by my medication, but when I quit cold turkey it just seems to sky rocket.. In school today I sat down with head down, legs shaking, pretty much all day.. ended up skipping the last block of school.

Another is Depression, most likely due to the fact that DXM releases large amounts of serotonin so when it wears off I feel depressed... also I've been depressed because I tried talking to this guy I like that I used to be with, again, but he made it very obvious he's not interested.. /:

Fatigue is another big symptom, I've been falling asleep all day!!

Sorry for the long post, but if anyone has any advice on how to deal with these symptoms i'd really appreciate it!!
Old 11-08-2012, 03:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

day two for me. nausea, anxiety and insomnia yesterday. fatigue today. i guess i just want to say that i've come to terms that for a while, it's not gonna be easy. i pray you can just "ride it out", dear, and that your symptoms will pass soon. and then you'll be able to actually enjoy your sobriety. hang in there.