Notices

Day One

Old 11-07-2012, 11:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day One

this was my first day of sobriety (this time), and it's been the LONGEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!! tons of anxiety and restlessness. and i can keep anything on my stomach; not even water. i've been throwing up all day. i did make contact with a member of AA, and she's taking me to a meeting tomorrow. and i'm going to try to get in to see my doctor, because i'm concerned about the anxiety and possible seizures. i've come to this forum to reach out; give and receive support. i really have to do it this time. there's too much at stake.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome luvfcp

it's a quiet time now, but you will find a lot of help and support here.
I'm glad you're considering seeing your Dr. - I think it's best to be safe

D

Last edited by Dee74; 11-08-2012 at 12:03 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi luvfcp. Welcome to the group. I'm just about to head off to work here in the UK but wanted to send all my positive thoughts & vibes to Phoenix for you.

I'm glad you're seeing your Dr. The first days are long and hard but the only way out, is through.

Let us know how you get on. I'm on day 13 recovering from binge drinking and so much more settled now I'm into double figures.

Take care

S x
Old 11-08-2012, 02:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome! As Dee said, take care of yourself as you get through the first couple of days. It gets better, and then you never have to go through this again.

Stick around, stick with us. Glad to have you here.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thank you all for the warm welcome and encouragement. i'm very glad that i decided to join this forum. Day One is still not over. it's almost 4am and i can't sleep. glad i don't have to go to work tomorrow.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by luvfcp View Post
thank you all for the warm welcome and encouragement. i'm very glad that i decided to join this forum. Day One is still not over. it's almost 4am and i can't sleep. glad i don't have to go to work tomorrow.
Sleep comes. Take care of yourself today. Sending you good energy.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ice chips help to rehydrate without being overwhelming to the stomach. I've been there done that way too often, used to think I was smart by knowing all the tricks. Lol. Now I realize I was only smart when I stopped binging altogether. It gets better! I am on day 4 from my last run-in and actually slept 8 hrs with just a couple minor interruptions. So nice :-). stay strong!!
Old 11-08-2012, 03:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi there, welcome. I know you can do it! Think of your kids you told me about in my thread. And not only them, but yourself. It's a huge change and a lot of work, but trust me, it's worth it. Keep posting!
Old 11-08-2012, 04:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

well, it's almost 5:30 and i'm still wide awake. guess i'll go the kitchen and get some ice chips. thanks for the tip, Change4Better.