Notices

Thank you!

Old 11-07-2012, 03:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank you!

I am fairly new to this . For about two months now, I have read your posts. I have related to your stories and often I have cried as I can so empathize . But tonight, I need to say thank you as today I took some very big steps. I have contacted an attorney and I have made an appointment to start the discussion of separation/divorce from my AH. I have been married 36 years so this was a very difficult decision but the last 10 years have not been what I could call great. The drinking has gotten worse and as hard as this is it's time.
I also had two very frank discussion with family members. It"s time to let go of my secrets and say enough.
This was my wake up year. My year for change. I was diagnosed and treated for breast cancer this year. I lost my father after his battle with cancer. I deserve better. It's truly time.
I am so amazed that I'm here at this point . My heart is broken but I need to do this so I can survive. Now if I could just figure out how to completely let go. Maybe it will be easier when he's gone. I'm holding my breath as he does not want to leave this house. I CAN DO THIS!!
Thanks for helping get to this point. I know I'm going to need you to get to and survive this process.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi grammy I'm very sorry it's come to this but I'm glad we were able to help you a bit. I'm sorry about your dad, and all you've gone through. Please realize that you're still welcome here as you are probably going to need to go through a process of recovery for yourself. There is a good friends and family forum here that I have no doubt is able to help you through this.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family! Here's the friends and families forum. Take a look. Lots of people in similar situations. Whatever you do, take good care of yourself.

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 11-07-2012, 05:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi grammyb. I'm so sorry for all that you're going through right now. I had to make that same heartbreaking decision many years ago. At first it was unthinkable, but I couldn't go down with the ship. Happy you are finding some comfort through being here.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to the posting side of things grammyb

D
Old 11-07-2012, 06:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

That has to be really, really difficult, but I'm glad you've found help here and have decided to take care of yourself. All the best as you move forward.....
Old 11-07-2012, 07:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

We are here for you honey, all the way.
Sorry for your hurt.
Big hugs.