Notices

Not sure where to start.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not sure where to start.

My husband is currently in recovery and he suggested that I find some kind of help for myself. I really don't know where to start and if I even found the right place to make a start. I am at a stand still not knowing how to help and I feel like at times I am only hurting him more. I don't fully understand the extent of how drugs take over ones life and even after they have quit.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome.

Read a few if the stories and posts here. It was uncomfortable reading for me at first as I identified with alcoholics. Then realised I was one, found peace with that and decided to get sober. Look for the similarities in the stories, not the differences and you'll start healing much sooner. My biggest obstacle were my inflated self opinions. Convinced I was different or special in some way.

Stick around

S x
Old 11-06-2012, 11:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Welcome to SR, xyz123. You've come to the right place. Look around the other threads and feel free to share about yourself in this thread of your own you have started. You'll find alot of support here from good people who understand.