Old 11-06-2012, 05:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Enjoying Life!!

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Enjoying Life

Do something fun today.

If you're relaxing, let yourself relax, without guilt, without worrying about the work that is undone.

If you're with loved ones, let yourself love them, and let them love you. Let yourself feel close.

Let yourself enjoy your work, for that can be pleasurable too.

If you're doing something fun, let yourself enjoy it.

What would feel good? What would you enjoy? Is there a positive pleasure available? Indulge.

Recovery is not solely about stopping the pain. Recovery is about learning to make ourselves feel better; then it's about making ourselves feel good.

Enjoy your day.

Today, I will do something fun, something I enjoy, and something just for me. I will take responsibility for making myself feel good.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the reminder really needed that its been a while since I have had a day worry free!!

Old 11-07-2012, 07:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Enjoying Life with electricity in my home with just me and my boys thanks LMN.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

OMG - right after I wrote this last nite, a power tranformer hit my power line that lit up the sky - looked like the Northern lights. Just got power back. LOL I will never reference electricity again - I jinxed myself LOL.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by supportforme View Post
OMG - right after I wrote this last nite, a power tranformer hit my power line that lit up the sky - looked like the Northern lights. Just got power back. LOL I will never reference electricity again - I jinxed myself LOL.
LOL!! A few year ago, we lost power for 8 days after a hurricane. I had finally cleaned the whole house, was getting things back in order, doing laundry, just went grocery shopping, etc - when a transfer blew. It took another 3 days to get it back on because the winds were too strong for the electric company to go up the pole.

I almost lost my mind!

I thought that was bad.....then Hurricane Addiction hit and all hell broke lose. This time, I did lose my mind. lol

Its taken a lot of hard work to be this crazy and I am damn proud of my dedication!! IMO, sanity is over rated. lol
Old 11-08-2012, 11:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Don't I know it. Mother Nature's got nothing on Hurrican Addiction. Thanks - I was actually laughing last nite because of the irony.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by supportforme View Post
Don't I know it. Mother Nature's got nothing on Hurrican Addiction. Thanks - I was actually laughing last nite because of the irony.
Does he have power yet?? I guess staying with him was not an option. lol

Being cold, bored, and in the dark is a much better place to be!!
Old 11-08-2012, 12:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

He got power and kept trying to give me all the reasons why he needed to stay here last nite. I needed to get my boundries in place and put some normalcy back in the boys lives. So - I told him he needed to go back to his place. I knew there was a major storm coming and there was a high probability that we would loose power; but, the fear of not undoing the damage from me allowing him to stay here when he had no heat and power (aka. storm of my exAH) gave me strength. YOu're right - I rather be alone in a storm with my boys alone. At least I know I like everyone's company and there's no craziness. Thanks.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveMeNot View Post
I will take responsibility for making myself feel good.
I will work on that tomorrow. I am reading this right before bedtime, it's been a nasty day, and I feel like such a hateful person. My pup and I are the only ones home tonight and (of course) I enjoy his company yet am still feeling hateful inside and miserable.

When I was growing up, I remember my dad saying, "Smile, and the world smiles with you; cry, and you cry alone." I used to get so frustrated when he wouldn't join me in my pity party, lol. Now when I think of him and some of his sayings, I smile and then wish he were here again to whip me (figuratively, of course) into shape. I never appreciated his strength so much until after he was gone. Weird how things work out in life.

Anyway, a good evening to all.

Thanks for the thread, LMN.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

awww, I am sorry you are having a bad day.

I am still smiling with you though!! Pleasant dreams!!
Old 11-09-2012, 04:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks, LMN. I've mustered up the courage to work on being positive today. Have a great day! TGIF
Old 11-09-2012, 07:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

"Smile, and the world smiles with you; cry, and you cry alone."

Great saying...but as always - addiction has its own rules!

Anaya ~

If you are smiling! We are all smiling with you! But we will never let you cry alone!!

Hope you have a wonderful, blessed day! Try and remember, you can start your day over at any time!!

With love,

LMN
Old 11-09-2012, 08:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=LoveMeNot;3662884Hope you have a wonderful, blessed day! Try and remember, you can start your day over at any time!!

With love,

LMN[/QUOTE]

There goes LMN again with her big kind heart!

Thank you.