Notices

brand new!

Old 11-05-2012, 12:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

brand new!

Not to drinking that is just here. Nice to be in a friendly place. I'll be back to chat soon, i've been on this computer for so long i need a break!!! Peter
Old 11-05-2012, 12:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR

Looking forward to hearing more of your story.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Peter

D
Old 11-05-2012, 01:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, Peter!
Old 11-05-2012, 04:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Peter! We're happy you've joined us. You'll never be alone - we're here for you and want to help.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

((Peter)) - Welcome to SR!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-08-2012, 05:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

much is happening

Hi everybody
Hope you all are better than i am. Just to bring you up to speed, i've been a Golf Professional for 26yrs, am 51 yrs old married to the most beautiful girl in the world who i love very much. More about me, i was an honor graduate from the Air Force tranning academy and had a brief stint with the CIA while in the service. I also played on the armed forces world Golf team. When i got out of the service i turned pro. Of course Golf and drinking go hand in hand with the infamous 19th hole....LOL boy it was fun then...not any more. My life was turned upside down when i tried to stop drinking on my own (which i have done many times in the past), you know the thowing up and sweats and chills etc.. any way i evidently had an ulser in my stomach and in the process, burst sending me to the hospital in an ambulance and having emergecy surgury to repair it (not pleasant) so a 10 days in the hospital and 70 stiches later (this was in august this year) i have now developed a hurnia which needs to be operated on to fix.....geeeeeees. Also i have developed AVN in my hipe which precudes me from doing most any thing. Oh i almost forgot the cirrhosis which i now have, i hope it was cought in time. Anyway other than that all is good, still struggling with you kow what. Well got to go for now will chat with ya all a bit later, thanks so much for lending an ear. Take care, talk soon.

Always
Peter
Old 11-08-2012, 08:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
IMS

Hey Peter-- I'm 49 and I'm married to the most beautiful girl in the world!! She finally called the police on me 26 days ago. We will both lose our beautiful wifes if we continue to drink. Not to mention we make their life really crappy- which we totally do not want to do. I am going to AA and the support there is stunning. Just listening to others talk about their situation is providing me with strength-- I urge you to look up the number on google and call them- get to a meeting-- just try it! btw I haven't drank in 25 days- my first meeting date.