He gets out today..

Old 11-05-2012, 06:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He gets out today..

Addict boyfriend gets out of jail today. I'm a nervous wreck knowing I will have to talk to him about my need to leave the relationship. I just don't know what else to do after standing by him through several jail stays and two attempts at rehab, only to be left searching his arms for needle marks. Gonna be a long day. Also awkward because we actually currently live with his parents, who as I said in my previous thread are in the "don't stop believing" mindset.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Remember, his parents are not seeing clearly. I think it has to be so much harder for a parent to cut the codie ties with a child then it is for me with a spouse. My father even admits when he thinks about my sister, he sees a helpless toddler and a cute little girl who called him daddy. In actuality, she has become one of the homeless crazies and she whores for drugs and shelter, when she is not in jail. When she had her second child, my dad was very angry because I was cooperating with DCFS and her infant son was put in foster care. My dad thought that motherhood would be the magic ticket to her sobriety. It took proof that she had done some physically abusing things bordering on sexual abuse, was severely negligent and nearly killed the baby on a busy street before he got the picture. His parents do not see right now, they will not put the grandchildrens needs first. In fact they are very likely to use the grandkids to try to "save" their son. It is your job to protect them and be strong. Its hard but you can do it.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good luck n my thoughts are with you. It is not easy breaking away from someone you love but you need to take care of you n get some support for you xxx
Old 11-05-2012, 08:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If you are ready to talk about it, you are probably not ready, willing or able to leave.

If you are ready to leave, then do so. There's nothing to talk about.