Notices

Day 1 AGAIN :(

Old 11-04-2012, 06:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1 AGAIN :(

Well, I'm back to day 1, and very frustrated, had almost 6 days.
So disappointed in myself.
I did stop and think about it this time, and I couldn't talk myself out of it. I just wanted desperately to change my depressed mood. Try again...
Old 11-05-2012, 04:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't be too hard on yourself. I've had a hundred day ones.
Just pick yourself up, remember the lesson you learned and try again.

You can do it!
Old 11-05-2012, 05:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Absolutely try again...i am on day 6 and it gets harder as the days pass. The shame and guilt are so fresh the first couple of days, but we tend to forget how horrible our lives were with alcohol and its easy to slip up. This is the perfect day to start over.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

6 days is great. . Keep on trying. You won't ever "get it" if you don't at least try right?
Old 11-05-2012, 05:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Krissy... you say you wanted something to change your depressed mood, but how do you feel now, after drinking? When I drank, I drank for many reasons, but using it to self medicate because of anxiety or depression was something I often did. Now I look back, I see that it didn't help the anxiety or depression AT ALL - it only allowed me to escape it for a brief period before sending me crashing back down. Getting yourself out of the habit of believing that the brief period of respite is worth it is essential... you know as well as I do that drinking does not in any way help depression. Being sober doesn't change things right away, but I promise that once you have a good period of sobriety behind you, your depression will ease. I am seven months sober and haven't experienced depression for a long time. You need to give yourself a chance.

Have you considered looking into AVRT? It helped me so very much in understanding where those thoughts about drinking came from.

Today is a new day. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and believe in yourself. You deserve this and you CAN do it.

Wishing you all the best x