Notices

A decision

Old 11-02-2012, 11:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face A decision

I have been married for twenty years. My husband I drank together until I crossed the invisible line and thank God I found Him in AA and have been sober for almost four years. I am focusing on emotional sobriety and in every area of my life I am so blessed to have made progress and am of use and happy because of that except at home. I am around alcohol a lot because friends family all drink which is ok. What still is not ok is that my husband drinks. He said that he would stop because it did not mean much to him but strangely, or not so strangely, he began to drink more. I do not want to ask him to stop. I have invited him to AA and al anon (I go because my parents are active alcoholics and my husband drinks more than I thought) but he chooses not to. As a result I feel angry and alone due to the loss of the relationship we once had and the fact that we cannot seem to build a new one together. I feel terrible feeling and showing anger. I see a therapist, we have gone together but ultimately we stop as he does not like what he hears, go to meetings, am of service, work with a sponsor. Why am I writing? I am sad and needed to talk to my people. I entitled this a decision I remember now. Ick. I have an 11 year old daughter. Need to make a decision. Thank you all for being here to listen. I am open to hearing your experience strength and hope.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
instant

welcome Serenity- SR is a great sober community.

why not join us in the one year and over threads in the support threads section.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi & welcome.

S x
Old 11-03-2012, 03:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR! Why don't you post this in the friends and families forum for replies from people who understand your situation.

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 11-04-2012, 05:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you. Rookie mistake to post this on the newcomer forum! I posted where you suggested and would like to delete this from this forum. Can I and if so how? Thanks!