Notices

im such a DUMB ASS!!!!

Old 11-02-2012, 06:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

im such a DUMB ASS!!!!

i had 25 days sober and i went and screwed it up by drinking!!!!!! i'm so pissed at myself for screwing up!!!!!! i know my reason is super stupid for doing it but i got bored had loads of house work to do kids fighting husband gone and stupid monster said do it you'll get things done youve been doing nothing for the last 3 weeks but sleeping and being a grumpy piece of sh** you deserve it....uuuuggghhhhhhhhh 5 beers later and i'm feeling so remorsefull!!!!!
Old 11-02-2012, 06:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 25 days.
Just start over again.
You can do it.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi krs1

You're not dumb - you're just like everyone else here.
It's not inevitable but I think most of us faltered a time or two.

You haven't lost any of the things you accomplished or learned on those 25 days - you just need to look at what else you need to add to your programme maybe?

welcome back
D
Old 11-02-2012, 06:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

krs1, congrats on 24 days, that's funny that you mention stupid reasons to drink, I could have written your post! I almost drank today because I locked myself out of my house (in the rain), I almost drank once because I stubbed my toe (not kidding), and I don't know how many times I wanted to drink because I was bored and tired of housework. I think we'll drink for any reason, because it's something we really looked forward to doing. Glad you're back though, start again tomorrow.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Amazing job on 25 days sober!!
Here is how I see alcohol: Think of being married to someone for a long time and then suddenly losing them. You're lost, you don't know what to do. You've lost the one thing you're used to seeing everyday. The one thing that could comfort you when you needed it. That one thing that went every where you did and was always there no matter what. It takes a long time to recover from something like that, and really you never fully forget that "friend." But you can find someone or something else to help you with your loss, and make you happy. Right now, we have SR; which, is an incredible family to be a part of. I've started new hobbies, multiple hobbies. One of them will be "the one."
Take care, keep your head up and be extremely proud of what you have accomplished! It's amazing. You stumbled, now it's time to get back up and keep going strong!!
Old 11-02-2012, 07:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have relapsed over this more times than I can count (feeling like I'm not getting things done, bored, remorseful at SO, etc.)

Just don't give up ok? You CAN do this. Like others have said, you just start over and don't let this short relapse / slip turn into weeks or years more of drinking.

I believe in you.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You still have those 25 days and should feel proud of that. You came right back on here and posted. The nice thing is you can start again tomorrow, goodness knows I have had enough day ones.

Hang in there, and forgive yourself.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start over. You can quit. Honest.