Notices

Ugghh! The inner struggle!

Old 11-02-2012, 12:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ugghh! The inner struggle!

I am having a war in my head right now! I ride to work with my husband and in my head I'm trying to find an excuse to get out and go buy beer in secret?!?!?!?!

I am trying to figure out after we get home how I can convince him I need to go grocery shopping tonight instead of tomorrow.

I don't really want to drink but that voice in my head says "You could just get a 6 pack and not get drunk".
Old 11-02-2012, 12:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Omigosh, I used to do that all the time. My mind was so busy thinking and planning and lying about alcohol, that it's a wonder I ever got anything else accomplished.

The obsession will go away and you will have peace.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

This is why!!!!

Well I have finally gotten there. Honestly I have no clue as to what really happened but I an sore head to toe, there is a hole in the wall on our basement steps and I have a knot on my head and a chipped front tooth. Nightmare!! I just went down to apologize to my husband and found out my baby girl saw it all happen and was so upset because she thought I was dead! ;(. I asked my husband to give me another chance and gave him all my credit cards. I just hate myself but am glad I'm still here. This is my final day one. I'm so ashamed to have put my family through this.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post
This is why!!!!

Well I have finally gotten there. Honestly I have no clue as to what really happened but I an sore head to toe, there is a hole in the wall on our basement steps and I have a knot on my head and a chipped front tooth. Nightmare!! I just went down to apologize to my husband and found out my baby girl saw it all happen and was so upset because she thought I was dead! ;(. I asked my husband to give me another chance and gave him all my credit cards. I just hate myself but am glad I'm still here. This is my final day one. I'm so ashamed to have put my family through this.
Thanks for that. I needed to see that! You are right!
Old 11-02-2012, 12:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I can relate. I know the struggle well. It is never like we make it out to be in our heads. When that voice starts whispering to us, it never reminds us of the pain or aftermath of devastation that we are left with after the binge is over.