Notices

day 1!!

Old 11-02-2012, 10:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 1!!

Hi Just found this site today and i really want yesterday to be my last day drinking. I've been drinking since i was 14 (30 years off and on)..off during my pregnancies (3 children). My husband is in the military and we move around every 4 years which has caused a lot of stresses for the kids and I...wine is my coping mechanism (1-3 bottles every other day). I feel embarrassed by my drinking and i am tired of it!! I feel like I'm wasting half my life by being drunk or hungover. I have quit 2x (outside the pregnancies). Last time was 4 years ago for 4 months. It felt great! These forums helped me then, please help me now ....
Old 11-02-2012, 11:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Smile hi green x

hi and welcome green, i hope to be my first friday af, maybe we can help each other? also i do beleive star is on her first day today too,, we are newbies here and i must say that ive never felt more welcome ever, the peeps here are kind,caring, sharing and massively supportive, so youve found a fab place .
so friday it is,, my devil day too, but i messed up big time a few days ago, iver been hiding in my bedroom for the past few days, too ashamed to face my hubby and kids, luckily its an ensuite!!!
today i made a decision, to not drink, i know crazy on a friday, but i thouhg t to myself? "what does it make any difference to what day it is?" i either wanns stop or i dont, i think only you can decide, for me, starting today, no matter if it is friday, means i mean it!
ive been on off for bout 10 yrs i think, avent had a sober fri for a LONG time, but hey,, we could always pretend its tues? mon? or blimming wed? hahaha
either way hun,, im in it with ya,, and ill be here to share and care anytime u need me,, as true for everyone, ive had such a warm welcome, and feel i in the right place for me.

big hugs , lv cleo xxx
Old 11-02-2012, 11:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

welcome, glad you are here! I'm also just starting out. Day 2. I know how it is with the nightly wine habit. I used to drink 2 bottles of wine every night.

I'm here for you! Glad you made the decision to stop drinking.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Green x
Old 11-02-2012, 06:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome green67!

Glad you've come back here and that you've decided to get sober. I can totally relate to the wasted time, especially those hours hungover in bed....

I'm really grateful I found this place when I wanted to stop but found I couldn't do it on my own. It helped so much knowing others understand what I was going through and it gave me hope that I could do it too.

Keep reading and posting!
Old 11-02-2012, 06:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good Luck!!! Good vibrations sent you way!
Old 11-02-2012, 08:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome!

I have dated an enlisted military pilot in the past and we moved around a lot so I can relate to that stress. You may have this issue with drinking, but you are a wife and a mother and you have a lot of responsibility!

Be kind to yourself over the next few weeks as you adjust to sober life again. Use this forum and / or meetings if needed. Use positive affirmations and everytime you think about that wine tell your "alcohol dependent voice" to be quiet! I always tell the monster in my head that I'm not drinking today buddy so sorry! Just for today I will be sober and use my time to help and encourage others instead of drowning my sorrows in alcohol and drugs.

We are all here for you! Keep up the good work!
Old 11-02-2012, 08:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome Green, Cleopatra, and Hope! It seems like the three iPod you have already connected and will be there to support each other.

I am a mom of three kiddos as well, and wine was also my downfall. My glass turned into a bottle, then a larger bottle. Tonight I am finishing up Day 22, that is the most time I have had sober since pregnancy five years ago.

SR is a great site, and you will find lots of great support and advice here. Keep reading and posting.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

haha delila,, the 3 i pod!! thats cool,, congrats on 22 days! man thats very cool and something im striving for,, no ,, wait,, something i know i can do and i will. thanks for a lvly welcome,, im looking forward to getting to know u all here, and my 2 amigos,, hope and green,, xx
the three muskateers lol xx
happy saturday yall x cleo xxx
Old 11-03-2012, 09:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cleopatra1 View Post
haha delila,, the 3 i pod!! thats cool,, congrats on 22 days! man thats very cool and something im striving for,, no ,, wait,, something i know i can do and i will. thanks for a lvly welcome,, im looking forward to getting to know u all here, and my 2 amigos,, hope and green,, xx
the three muskateers lol xx
happy saturday yall x cleo xxx
Darn auto correct!!! but I am glad the three of you found each other.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Green, Cleo & Hope-Day 3 today for me. I can almost look at myself in the mirror today. I am so glad I joined SR & to am able to connect with all of you. Together we can help each other face this & support each other thru the good & bad days.

Much love & here's to a sober, brighter future & being the person we know we can be. xxx
Old 11-04-2012, 01:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome! What a great gift you are giving yourselves

I am a mom of 4 and had a good run with the vodka bottle myself. Took me a bit to "get it" and put some days together but boy does it feel good to wake up 99 days in a row with no hangover and actually want to spend time with my family and not be thinking about my next drink.

Come here & get encouraged & lifted up - I truly love SR! Welcome to the Family
Old 11-04-2012, 09:33 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi green67, welcome to SR. Day 2 here for me. Good luck with your quest, I moved around a lot too (although non-military) so I know how stressful it can be... try to focus on all the good things and not let the other things get to you (SO much easier said then done, I know, but some people manage to do it). I hope you are still doing well on your goal!