Today is tough

Old 11-02-2012, 06:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today is tough

I woke up this morning at around 7 am-with a knot as big as texas in my stomach. My grandparents were supposed to be coming into town this weekend, but since we have no power and the lines for gas are 3 hours long, they postponed until next week. So now I have a free weekend. Nothing going on, nothing to do, no power, no water, nothing. I miss him. A lot. The knot in my stomach just keep getting bigger. I know I did the right thing but right now I just want to run back into his arms.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Stay strong bamboo.

No doubt, ending a relationship is very painful.

It was a constant battle in my head, stay focused on the facts. I had to keep reminding myself of the reasons I had to end our troubled relationship. I could not allow my emotions to get the best of me. Oh, of course I missed him, but the guy i was missing, no longer existed, he was lost to alcohol.

Be patient with yourself, its going to take some time to adjust. Time to embrace yourself and make YOU the top priority of your life.

Keep posting, we are here and we understand.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A

Dont! No codie relapses! You can do this!

What *can* you do this weekend? Are there any relief efforts you can help with? Could you help a neighbor clear debris? Volunteer with the animal shelter? Do you have any friends that could use babysitting while they handle their Sandy business?

If you can't get out and about, what kinds of things can you do at home to clear the mess? Or are there projects at home you've been ignoring? I always have "invisible corners" that need cleaning, and when I devote 10-20 minutes to seeing and cleaning them up I get motivated to keep going. I can lose hours this way! Are there any awesome books to read? Or could you go on a marathon bake-a-thon with a gas oven? Do you craft? Knit? Crochet?

I hate losing power because I'm so plugged in to the internet. But there are things to do! How can you comfort yourself today?
Old 11-02-2012, 07:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I grew up in NJ and I am devastated by what I have seen on TV. My stepmom has no power still, too. There have to be some sort of relief efforts you could help with. Maybe spend some time with an elderly neighbor? Any reading you were going to catch up on during daylight hours? I'm sorry you are struggling, but it sounds like you have tons of support here!
Old 11-02-2012, 07:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have to agree with the other folks here - I was having a very bad day last week. It was one of those "zombie days" when you just feel like a moving body with no brain. However, I had previously committed to volunteer at the school so I dragged myself there. Helping those kids was the best possible thing for me. I was doing something good - something productive and making people feel better about themselves. Sure, maybe it fed into codie tendencies a little bit, but I think that it was in a possible way.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Bamboo10, You will get through today! You are getting a lot of support here. I am in a relationship now that more than likely, I should have left long ago, and I know your posts over the last few days could be me sometime, so I am reading them and hoping that in the future they will come to mind when I need the support.

You CAN do this!!
Old 11-02-2012, 07:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I know I can. I will make it through this weekend, I know that. Right now I am sitting at work though and freaking out. I am having trouble breathing. Im shaking and full of anxiety. I just want to scream.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Deep breaths Bamboo!
Now more deep breaths.
A couple more.........
You are going to be okay. We are here for you. We understand.
It's likely that most of us know that feeling you're having today. It will pass. And eventually you will become stronger and stronger as you take care of yourself.
I believe that life has seasons. Winter can be really hard and cold and lonely. But there is a Spring that brings warmth and growth. You will weather this storm (literally and figuratively).
Hang in there.
Sending hugs to you,
MamaKit
Old 11-02-2012, 06:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank god I got a last minute opportunity to second shoot a wedding tomorrow! That should keep me busy for a good 14 hours! Plus getting paid ain't so bad lol

Been reminding myself to take deep breathes all day.