Notices

finally made some calls

Old 10-31-2012, 02:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

finally made some calls

The last couple have days have been really long, reading so many posts here and trying to figure out the best plan for me.

Looked into a few treatment options and today, just within the hour, I finally made the calls I needed to make. As it turns out, our insurance covers a lot more than I would ever expect.

The bad thing is that I can't go in for the orientation until Monday morning. That seems forever from now, and I feel very uncertain about making it from here and now to Monday at 8 a.m.

I am going to try, though, and probably spend a lot more time on here the next few days.

Physical symptoms are not too bad so far, so that's good news.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi vespera. I'm glad you made those calls. Proud of you for reaching out for help.

I like your plan to spend time here. It's a place where you can be yourself and no one will judge. Often, those in our daily life have no idea what we're going through, and aren't capable of understanding.

Proud of you for taking action - a whole new life is waiting for you.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's a great step forward vespera - way to go!
read and post as much as you need to til Monday

D
Old 10-31-2012, 02:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What I am really worried about now is whether I should not drink until Monday morning. I think I might be able to get in to see my doctor on Friday, but I can't tomorrow, and I can't over the weekend.

I've only confided in two friends the extent of my drinking problem (I spend a lot of time alone), and one is a doctor. Even she said that it might be better to "try to drink moderately" until I can be under the care of a medical professional.

Yet I have quit before for a week at a time and not too much has happened. I am really having a hard time breathing today though (maybe just a cold) and some hot flashes (no not menopause quite yet!).

Then I wonder if I am just trying to make excuses for four more days/nights of drinking...
Old 10-31-2012, 03:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It may be that I am just making excuses, but today is not going to be my day 1. I think my friend is right, and I need to be under medical supervision first.

This is not going to be pretty in the least.

Going to try to be moderate at least, which for me means two bottles of wine max per day.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

Why not call where you are going on Monday and ask them what you can do now? They could give you the best information.

I wish you well.
Love & hugs,
Old 10-31-2012, 09:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I will try to do that tomorrow, SB. I am also going to try to get into my doctor on Friday. Doctor/program not together, at least not yet.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good luck Vespera, I hope you are able to talk to your doctor before Monday. Keep us posted in how you are doing.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Please let me know how it goes.